Question for People using Schweser or Stalla.....

Let’s say (and hope!) that you pass Level 1 and move onto Level 2 next June, will you use these materials again? I am using schweser and if I move onto to Level 2, no doubt I am going to use the CFAI books for sure. Feel like schweser left some crucial stuff out.

I’ll probably still use schweser but look into cfai text a bit more than I did this time

you know i started using the CFA books and hten someone gave me stalla, i used that for a while, but came back to the CFA texts, and i am glad i did! the next time (may it be level 1 in dec or hopefully l2 in june) im sticking to the cfa books only! and the cfa books are better on the concepts (ofcourse!!)

stalla books for me - but will try to start earlier and use cfai books - have only looked at ethics in there this time round…

im going back to cfai, they are more time consuming but explain concepts in more detail…which probably saves time int the long run

my recommendation is to start with the CFA books. Get a basic understanding of everything, then use the Schweser to supplement. Schweser has some really difficult/great questions which require full understanding to answer. Using the Schweser can really boost you up to the next level of understanding.

I used for the most part CFAI for reading and Schweser for questions. For L2 (please god) I will be using CFAI for reading and Stalla Passmaster for questions, I was a lot more impressed with their questions for L1.

If I pass… I think I’ll owe it to Schweser to use them again. I’ll be using the CFAI a LOT more… and starting earlier. I’m thinking about going backwards from what most people do and do schweser before doing the CFAI… for me Schweser gives a good overview to get a feel for the bigger picture, and CFAI is much better for the finer details and explanations. Schweser will direct me to the portions to pay more attention to in the CFAI material…hopefully…