Question for those who passed in June

After writing the Mock 1 I realized there were about 5 - 10 questions that were not covered by Schweser, hoping these were legacy questions from old samples I look them up and found all of them in the CFA texts. Although I expected 1 or 2 questions that I had never seen before 5 - 10 seemed a bit scary. Did anyone studying exclusively Schweser have this problem on the exam in June and if so did you pass ?

WHICH are these?

Q’s regarding, effective rate of payables, equivalent number of firms, effective rate on CD’s, econ principle reverse of inflationary gap, can’t remember name. THere are a few more I can’t remember off the top of my head YES these are all easy concepts ! and that is exactly why it kills me that Schweser skipped them. If they skip something extremely difficult and it’s unlikely to be on the exam fine, but skipping easy things like this is brutal.

I studied exclusively using Schweser and didn’t have any problems. They covered all the LOS to a large degree. However, I think you’ll always see a couple of questions that Schweser didn’t cover “completely”. My advice is to not worry because you won’t see more than a few of them. You’ll have 230+ questions that they would have covered completely. If you can score mid-80s or above using the Q-bank, you’ll be fine.

lwebb01 and other Qbank users, When everyone mentions, “Score above or around 80% in Qbank and you’ll be fine,” do you guys generally mean all difficulty level questions or simply the advanced/difficult ones?

I only did all advanced and intermediate questions(about 1500 questions)…and did about 140 basic questions.

I also only did the intermediate and advancec questions. I did a little more than 2k.

Are there more than 1500 question that are advanced and intermediate? I wasn’t able to create the test anymore as it said that there arent any questions left…

lwebb: Thanks for the insigt. So you really found the Q bank helpful ? what were you scoring on the actual sample exams ?

jonnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lwebb: > > Thanks for the insigt. > So you really found the Q bank helpful ? > what were you scoring on the actual sample exams ? I never took a sample exam. I felt that the concepts could only be asked so many ways. In my opinion, the Q-bank is enough. I thought that the Q-bank was very helpful. My average score on all the subjects was 83. I felt confident and didn’t want to freak my self out by not scoring as high on the sample or mock exams. I didn’t even take the free one offered by the CFAI. This approach may not work for everyone but I studied very hard and felt confident going into the exam. No last minute cramming. I just drilled the Q-bank for the final three weeks or so of my studies until I felt I had mastered the LOSs. Best wishes for success since luck doesn’t exist.

lwebb01 - how did you do on June exam? I am averaging 80-82% on qBank and don’t want to get my hopes up…

ngilmore Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lwebb01 - how did you do on June exam? I am > averaging 80-82% on qBank and don’t want to get my > hopes up… Scored high in all sections except Alt Inv and economic. The one negative of not doing sample exams was the time factor. I didn’t complete AM or PM exam. I had two or three questions remaining on each exam (Alt Inv sections) and had to guess. Hence, I didn’t get > 50 in that section nor did I score > 70 in economics. Actually my economics score hurt my Q-bank average too. I believe that if you can average >85 on FSA, Equity, FI, Corp Fin, Quant and >90 on ethics doing the Q-bank you’ll be fine.