Question on Email signatures

I’ve noticed that a lot of the higher up people I work with rarely add an email signature - if it’s an internal email.

Is this a common courtesy thing? Why do they not add a sig? I have mine set to default. Just curious if I’m doing something wrong though.

I think its because higher up people are less tech savvy in finance. Maybe they reset their computer or whatever and never realized to reset the sig. Also signatures are stored on each device for outlook, so you need to set it up on each device and maintain it. This is a lot of pressure for the elderly.

Most of the MD and executive leadership have an initial signature with the title and the whole shebang and then have a shorter one with just contact info for replies and forwards so you don’t have to scroll forever on an email chain. Also, presumably you know who they are. More junior people, not so much. Additionally, FINRA requires disclosures so that may be less relevant for the higher ups.

i have yet to “re-set up” my email signature on my phone. so when i send an email from my phone, it’s basic. from my pc, it’s the long way. this is not intentional. just lazy. this may be why you are noticing this. higher ups send far more emails from their phone than the lowers. not saying that i’m a higher up. middle at best.

This is the way mine is, but he’s asking why some have no signature.

also they like to print thier shit. so its stupid to have 10 signatures in an email trail.

That’s why you use smaller 1-2 line signatures for replies, it functions like a page break.