Question re: Exam Discussion

I just wanted to clarify the boundaries of what constitutes violating the CFAI pledge in discussing exam questions. I understand we cannot post the question, but can we describe it and analyze it? There are a few (namely one) that I am dying to see what others feel about but do not want to cross any lines. Can I be vague? Just looking for some direction, thanks!

Dont talk about it.

Just forget about it - I have like 4 in mind that I would LOVE to discuss about BUT I chose to leave them in the testing center :slight_smile:

Fair enough, it was more along the lines of how the questions and answers were structured more than content. I’ll let it go though, despite my complaint. :slight_smile:

If you had any general questions about the curriculum, that’s surely ok. You just can’t discuss exact exam questions.

Ok, well rather than start a new thread, I’ll just post it here. This question in question (hurr) was near the end of the PM session and had two very clearly incorrect answers and one very CLOSE to correct. Since the question asked for the CLOSEST answer, it was the right one too chose. But I was irritated by the accuracy of the incorrect questions (by using an incorrect method to solve) and the inaccuracy of the correct one. There was no possible permutation (my words, not meaning it was a permutation question!) to get the number in the correct answer. I know they are not intending to be tricky, but this seemed over the top.

stavrosbezas Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok, well rather than start a new thread, I’ll just > post it here. > > This question in question (hurr) was near the end > of the PM session and had two very clearly > incorrect answers and one very CLOSE to correct. > Since the question asked for the CLOSEST answer, > it was the right one too chose. But I was > irritated by the accuracy of the incorrect > questions (by using an incorrect method to solve) > and the inaccuracy of the correct one. There was > no possible permutation (my words, not meaning it > was a permutation question!) to get the number in > the correct answer. > > I know they are not intending to be tricky, but > this seemed over the top. Understanding what you mean by this was harder than any exam question :slight_smile: Anyways, here is what you can do: https://www.cfainstitute.org/mycfa/candidate/takingexams/Pages/cfa_exam_test_comments.aspx?intCamp=dec_exam_feedback_pub

I was dancing around the rules to do my best to explain it, my apologies. Can we forget this thread never happened? :slight_smile:

stavrosbezas Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was dancing around the rules to do my best to > explain it, my apologies. Can we forget this > thread never happened? :slight_smile: LOL! sure thing :wink:

Omar Adnan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > stavrosbezas Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Ok, well rather than start a new thread, I’ll > just > > post it here. > > > > This question in question (hurr) was near the > end > > of the PM session and had two very clearly > > incorrect answers and one very CLOSE to > correct. > > Since the question asked for the CLOSEST > answer, > > it was the right one too chose. But I was > > irritated by the accuracy of the incorrect > > questions (by using an incorrect method to > solve) > > and the inaccuracy of the correct one. There > was > > no possible permutation (my words, not meaning > it > > was a permutation question!) to get the number > in > > the correct answer. > > > > I know they are not intending to be tricky, but > > this seemed over the top. > > > Understanding what you mean by this was harder > than any exam question :slight_smile: Anyways, here is what > you can do: > > https://www.cfainstitute.org/mycfa/candidate/takin > gexams/Pages/cfa_exam_test_comments.aspx?intCamp=d > ec_exam_feedback_pub LOOOOLLL!!

You missed something in the question or your calculation. All of the answers matched precisely to the result on my exam.

How can an out of the money covered call have a greater than the premium max profit?

stavrosbezas are you referring to a specific question in the exam? i dont remember all the questions and dont remember one specifically on a covered call, so i would gladly explain it to you but i want to make sure were not talking a bout an exam question and violating the Code…

starvro - a covered call is long the asset and short a call at a higher strike. The upside is limited, but the strategy pockets the call premiums.

Guys, 1 mark is really not worth violating the code :slight_smile: However, to understand covered call maximum profit, look at the file below I prepared before exam to help a friend who had problems with covered call (it will be deleted automatically after one week). I’m sorry for my bad handwriting; a problem that I could never overcome https://fileshare.aus.edu/pnp7/files/ZjLvRdOhR/CC-PP_JASON.pdf Hope it helps :slight_smile:

^^^ I didnt realize they allowed children under the age of 12 to take the exam.

NYCGorilla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^^^ > > I didnt realize they allowed children under the > age of 12 to take the exam. Well, children who are under age of 12 have 4.0 GPA and nailed the exam and the mock exams :slight_smile: Got to show some respect to those :wink: + try once to put everything whenever possible in diagrams - you will never have to use so much space of your memory for memorizing stuff … That’s why people of age 12 have better memories that people of you age I guess :slight_smile:

You needed 4 pages for this?

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You needed 4 pages for this? I didn’t - my friend did… and one thing you learn know when you work as teacher/tutor, never assume that all people have same ability of thinking

Spanishesk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > stavrosbezas > > are you referring to a specific question in the > exam? i dont remember all the questions and dont > remember one specifically on a covered call, so i > would gladly explain it to you but i want to make > sure were not talking a bout an exam question and > violating the Code… Not referencing the exam, the doc helped. Thanks everyone!