Question to L3s

Has anyone passed L2 by receiving less than or equal to 50% in 3 subjects? Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks.

it depends on which subjects. last year, PM, Quant, and Alternative Assets were 1 vignette each, which in total comprised 15% of the exam. So you could get 0% on those and still pass if you know the other areas and do well. if you start moving to <50 in more than one of the heavily weighted topics, your chances become slim, I would guess.

check out the results page from last year… i tortured myself the same way while awaiting results last year.

yes you can if they are the smallest portions- ie PM, Quant and Econ from last year. Don’t agonize until August and good luck

budfox427 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it depends on which subjects. last year, PM, > Quant, and Alternative Assets were 1 vignette > each, which in total comprised 15% of the exam. > So you could get 0% on those and still pass if you > know the other areas and do well. > > if you start moving to <50 in more than one of the > heavily weighted topics, your chances become slim, > I would guess. Thanks for you quick response. I think the worst case scenario would like this: AI, CF, EQ and FSA all greater than 70% (around 75% or more) Econ, Ethics, PM 51-70% Der, Fixed Income and Quants <= 50% I calculated my score as 85 out of 120 (71%) hopefully this is a pass. Do you think I have a chance?

71% is a pass every time.

no one that has scored 70 or above has EVER failed a level of the CFA exam. EVER. Spread the word. I heard that from a past board member of CFAI. Whomever is spreading rumors that the MPS is above 70 is pulling stuff out of their ass.

71 is a sure pass. Here is last year’s results thread and the thread starter passed with three sections below 50, of course everything else is above 70. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,813361,page=1

I had two below 50%. Although one was just econ (6 questions), but the other was Ethics. I crushed everything else though (> 70%).