Questions after phone interview

I am having hard times thinking of some normal questions to ask after it. I am having the interview tomorrow for a graduate position in investment advisory firm. This is going to be my first phone interview and I have really no idea what to expect. Feel a bit frustrated. Any thoughts on that ? How important are these interviews ? What possibly could I ask that would not sound too dumb ? What if I am asked about activities in college ? There should be something that works in most situations…

I had one last week, the lady just asked me regular questions. What company is it?

I am sure that you would have some questions about the position. Either that or do further research on the company and come up with a good question that shows you have done your homework. I went through 3 phone interviews to get my current position about 6 months ago. For each one I made sure to have at least a couple of good questions to ask. Also like ANS says, it kinda depends on the company as well.

good grief, man. I hope this isn’t for a research position. Who are the company’s clients? What has been the client reaction recent events? Are you more busy? Less busy? What’s a day like on the job? What are the hours like? Is the position part of a team, or more direct reporting to one person? What’s the firm investment philosophy? What is a typical path in the company? Is there one? Is there mobility within the company/groups? Do employees stay long or generally move on to school or another position after a couple years? Do I need any licenses? Can you describe the culture of the firm? Are people more laid back, or type A? Are there opportunities to travel/work overseas? Is there a training program? How long is it? This is a short, choppy list. Naturally, you should have questions about a new job or experience, so anything you’re curious about will likely be perceived as interest, or positive–not “too dumb”.

"What are the hours like? " Is it appropriate to ask such a question?

2x2equals4 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am having hard times thinking of some normal > questions to ask after it. I am having the > interview tomorrow for a graduate position in > investment advisory firm. This is going to be my > first phone interview and I have really no idea > what to expect. Feel a bit frustrated. Any > thoughts on that ? How important are these > interviews ? What possibly could I ask that would > not sound too dumb ? What if I am asked about > activities in college ? There should be something > that works in most situations… “Do you drug test?” better ask it now

Couldn’t hurt asking about the female talent .

It’s for a graduate corp. finance position. Their site is not very descriptive so I think I’m going to ask more on what does the job involve. Wish me luck.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > "What are the hours like? " > > Is it appropriate to ask such a question? Absolutely, you need to know what hours your getting youself into and it presents leverage when your negotiating salary. Concerning the question,“what salary are you looking for” I never respond to that with a number but just further delay it until after you close the job or say their range sounds reasonable.

gee, I just had my phone interview. It took 30 mins. The general part was fine. But then I was asked some really stupid questions which I was stupid enough not to answer as I would normally do. Sq. root of 100,000 = My response - 100 - OMFG!!! Then I realized my mistake and solved it accordingly. The next one was sth about the angle of the clock hands - I don’t even understood what I was asked. And finally, a water lily growing in a pond - how much time will it take to cover it all…sth like that. And I screwed the last two. I feel really uncomfortable right now.

Dont worry about it, all part of the curve. It’s as good for you to gain experience going through this for your next interview. Maybe they liked the way you communicated to them and you will go through. Maybe not. I’d have no clue and just popped the sq root into the calc. I suspect they might wanted to see how you communicate and reason. Just deal with the outcome and move on.

Hey, need a quick answer. Do you think it’s appropriate to send a thank you letter via email ?

2x2equals4 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey, need a quick answer. Do you think it’s > appropriate to send a thank you letter via email ? Yes

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > "What are the hours like? " > > Is it appropriate to ask such a question? I wouldn’t do it. Makes it sound like you’re afraid of hard work.