Quick Question

Compliance group at my work asked me to submit a bio. in the interest of not having to update it time and time again - related to CFA, I closed it out by saying, “I am currently pursuing my CFA Charter”. Am I within reason or in violation of the CFA rules? If anyone can chime in before i submit my bio, I would appreciate it. Thank you everyone

I think you can put that, but should reference your status (Sitting for L2 in June or whatever). You’d put "pursuing CFA Charter, sitting for Level 3 exam June 2011 " or something. I’d email CFAI though with the verbiage you’re considering. I’d be careful about saying “Pursuing CFA Charter”, might be OK but might now - good question for CFAI.

you can call yourself a ‘CFA Candidate’ and what exam you will be sitting for

Thanks Jcole, appreciate your help…I’m waiting on CFAI to reply back as well.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you can call yourself a ‘CFA Candidate’ and what > exam you will be sitting for ^ exactly. This is in the Ethics section…I would not recommend putting “pursuing Charter”…that doesn’t follow the guidelines at all; did you pass all three levels, and are just pending work experience? Obviously not…this is a very vague statement and is not allowed. You need to indicate that you are a for e.g., level 1 candidate ( only if you are registered for the upcoming exam) if you are writing level 2, you put level 2 candidate… or can put Passed level 1

I think that saying “my CFA Charter” is an ethics violation.