Quiet Period

Should they have been in a quiet period and therefore delayed the release of a report? I put release original but I’m almost sure I’m wrong.

I put delayed. I thought that they need additional clarification on the changes in report submitted by supervisor.

i put release the original report. you want as little delay as possible, his 1st report was the correct one on fact. i hope that’s right.

I put delayed, purely have no clue about that question just think the two other questions are worse Jo can’t issue the original report since as Jo, he claimed he changed the idea already and Jo can’t issue the revised report as well since his boss claimed he didn’t have reasonable basis and there would be apparent material nonpublic issues there. can’t see why you can’t delay it, so…

Yeah, I know that “timeliness” is a big thing and they said it was well supported etc…that’s why I went with that too. Still not sure.

i put delay too

I said release original as well, for the reasons stated above and also because they can’t act on material non-public info as well as cause others to act on it. By not releasing the report they might be sending a signal to the market that something is up with that stock, which is no bueno. That was my rationale anyway.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i put release the original report. you want as > little delay as possible, his 1st report was the > correct one on fact. i hope that’s right. I agree, you are not suppose to delay the reports assuming that some events are going happen

Delay in my opinion. He wrote the original report but then saw fit to make changes. His supervisor was doubting whether it had reasonable basis. However, he supported the new report. So delay it to have time for him and his supervisor to reconcile. He can’t accept the original report to be distributed (since he didn’t agree with it anymore and you can only distribute it when you agree with it) and his supervisor can’t allow the new one to be distributed (lacking reasonable basis). Company probably should be on a restricted list from that point onwards.

I put delayed too.

Lurky Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Delay in my opinion. > > He wrote the original report but then saw fit to > make changes. His supervisor was doubting whether > it had reasonable basis. However, he supported the > new report. So delay it to have time for him and > his supervisor to reconcile. He can’t accept the > original report to be distributed (since he didn’t > agree with it anymore and you can only distribute > it when you agree with it) and his supervisor > can’t allow the new one to be distributed (lacking > reasonable basis). > > Company probably should be on a restricted list > from that point onwards. +1 Same answer for the same reason.

Not sure I agree with all that Lurky. From what I remember, it specifically said he had no basis or support for the change. So I don’t think you can say he “saw fit” to make changes. I guess it sounded to me like there was nothing to reconcile as the original report was solid and had support while the new one didn’t.

Let’s just agree we dislike ethics because they ask questions which are in the gray area. There is no right or wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agree with that all the way.

the answer is delay. simple as that.

well there goes that one… we sure on the delay?

I went with delay. If the author releases the initial, he’s knowingly misleading clients. If the manager allows the revised, he’s violating MNPI and management duties. The delay is questionable, but at least it sends people a “something is up” signal, rather than a blatantly wrong message, or a message based on MNPI

yes. 90% of the ppl said delay, and I said delay, so it must be right :slight_smile:

I’m not…simple as that doesn’t do it for me on ethics. I can’t find anything in ROS that addresses this specifically. I could see this as a potential throw out.

i am pretty confident that if you go back to your ethics book, it is huge on NOT delaying… you get that report out quickly and accurately. the 2nd report was garbage, he should publish the 1st. don’t make me grab the handbook, but i could almost swear there’s an example q in the handbook almost exactly like this. i will not concede this point.