Rate Cuts 50bps various central banks

futures up

This was desperately needed, hope it brings some confidence in the market.

somehow…this reminds me of the movie independence day… Here comes an EXTREMELY lame attempt at humour… _________________________________________________________________ In less than an hour, Central bankers from here will join others from around the world. And we will be launching the largest battle in the history of financial markets. Financial Markets – that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps its fate that this is the month of October, and you will once again be fighting for our 401ks, not from a recession or depression – but from annihilation. We’re fighting for our right to live, to exist. And should we win the day, the 8th of October will no longer be known as just a regular day, but as the day when the world declared in one voice: “We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive!” Today, we celebrate our Financial Independence Day! _________________________________________________________________

Syd_RE : That did bring a smile on my face. I am desperately waiting for something very different and extremely good today. I have cried a lot literally,need some joy. Cheers Sumo

another 1.75% left to cut! Markets seem to be recovering FTSE 4630.79 +25.57 CAC 3726.48 -5.74 DAX 5267.86 -58.77

do you get the feeling that all we may be doing in the medium term is reinflating the asset bubble?

I like this quote - Paul McCulley on Global Rate Cut Coordination: “When a man needs a beer, he needs not a small one, and its nice when his friends come to join him as well.”

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > do you get the feeling that all we may be doing in > the medium term is reinflating the asset bubble? I hope so. I missed the last one (ok, two).