Rate of return when reinvestment rate changes

Dear guys,
I read these conclusions from and a bit confused. Please help me to be clear. Thank you.

1. If the market YTM for the bond, our assumed reinvestment rates, increases after the bond is purchased but before the first coupon date, a bind investor eill earn a rate of return that is lower than the YTM at bond purchase if thr bond is held for a short period
  2. If the mkt YTM for the bond, our our assumed reinvestment rates, decreases after the bond is purchased but before the first coupon date, a bind investor eill earn a rate of return that is lower than the YTM at bond purchase if thr bond is held for a long period.

If the yield increases after the bond is purchased, prices should go down. So if the bond is held for a short period and sold off, the bond holder will earn less than the original YTM.

But if it is held for longer, then bond prices will eventually pull to par so he won’t earn a lower YTM. This is my understanding of the 1st sentence and in the second sentence it’ll be vice versa I suppose.

What do you say?