Razume.Com-Resume Review

My resume is avaiable for review http://www.razume.com/documents/12299#. I am looking forward to your inputs and suggestions.

Sorry. A small typo. It is http://www.razume.com/documents/12299

It appears that you have some decent experience. However, you need to make the resume shorter and more direct. You don’t need separate sections for “Expertise”, “Career Highlights” and “Key Strengths”. All of these are essentially the same thing. Some of the stuff is also intangible and should probably me removed - “never losing an eye for detail”, for instance. This sort of thing should be implied by your cover letter and experience, not stated directly. If I went to Harvard, I’m not going to bother saying “I am smart”; it’s already implied. I recommend also removing all the bold highlights, as they create the appearance of yelling. Bullet points should all use the active voice - for instance “Built system XXX to do ZZZ.” should not be followed up with sentences like “This was for department YYY”. You don’t need to say that the CFA is from the US. Also, I don’t think you are referring to the program correctly in several places. Plus some other stuff. I’m sure there will be more comments about what people like/dislike.

^1 I think Harish55 is in India so he just wants to make sure employers recognise that and not compare to ICFAI’s CFA designation. Also speaking english as a native speaker is kinda odd. You can write good communication skills

he’s Taiwanese homeboy

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It appears that you have some decent experience. > However, you need to make the resume shorter and > more direct. You don’t need separate sections for > “Expertise”, “Career Highlights” and “Key > Strengths”. All of these are essentially the same > thing. Some of the stuff is also intangible and > should probably me removed - “never losing an eye > for detail”, for instance. This sort of thing > should be implied by your cover letter and > experience, not stated directly. If I went to > Harvard, I’m not going to bother saying “I am > smart”; it’s already implied. > > I recommend also removing all the bold highlights, > as they create the appearance of yelling. Bullet > points should all use the active voice - for > instance “Built system XXX to do ZZZ.” should not > be followed up with sentences like “This was for > department YYY”. > > You don’t need to say that the CFA is from the US. > Also, I don’t think you are referring to the > program correctly in several places. > > Plus some other stuff. I’m sure there will be more > comments about what people like/dislike. Thanks a lot for your review. As stated by pupdawg82 , I am from India and hence stating that CFA is from the US. Also- i agree that Expertise", “Career Highlights” and “Key Strengths” are the same. I will make it into summary and career highlights. I will remove the bold highlights. Just one clarif-should the resume be in active or passive voice-i was told by some, that it should be active, while others have stated it should be passive. Thanks a lot guys.