RBC Investment Strategy Help!!

What is RBC’s investing strategy? What kind of companies do they invest in? What kind of companies (characteristics) do they acquire?

This is a pretty broad question as they likely several strategies going on simultaneously for different mandates. However, their CIO in Canada developed this “3-D” strategy which - I believe - blends quantiative, qualitative & technical factors together. They’ve definitely got some good funds so one might argue that it works. Its hard to say though what their “strategy” is because as a bank own firm, their “global investment outlook” pieces are typical big bank boring. Why read a strategy piece if it isn’t controversial if not interesting. Willy

WillR Are you with RBC in Toronto? (now or before)

WillyR Are you with RBC in Toronto? (now or before)

I was with RBC at one point yes. Willy

What kind of companies do they invest in? What kind of companies (characteristics) do they acquire? Like these are pretty broad questions because in regards to the first, I mean RBC has Growth, Value, GARP and Deep Value mandates in their Asset Management Line up while the second question is more - if I’m reading it correctly - related to what RBCs Corporate takeover strategy is…and in regards to that, could I envision them taking out a dirt cheap US regional? Absolutely 100% yes, they probably will in fact, because their Tier 1 Cap ratio and B/s are in relatively good shape. Willy

Would you mind to share the reason you leave RBC AM? Pay or opportunity? Please send me an email at qqsaki at yahoo dot com. Thanks

Thanks Willster

“Would you mind to share the reason you leave RBC AM?” Basically it was because unless your name was “Soros” or your folks were multi kazillionaires, it was dam near impossible to get to the Senior PM or CIO role this generation so it was more so opportunity and less so pay. Willy

Wouldnt go that far… WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Would you mind to share the reason you leave RBC > AM?” > > Basically it was because unless your name was > “Soros” or your folks were multi kazillionaires, > it was dam near impossible to get to the Senior PM > or CIO role this generation so it was more so > opportunity and less so pay. > > Willy

No but come on commstudent, there was a very dirty glass ceiling at that place. They didn’t even wipe it clean with Windex. The ceiling might as well have been made out of wood. Willy

Hey WillR, Curious but where did you end up? Were you trying to become an Investment Counsellor at RBC and they just wouldn’t give you the opportunity?