RE can enhance return

y/n?

yes

only indirect, not direct, direct lowers risk

ok, just making sure :slight_smile:

^^ I read it this morning and that is def the case according to schweser…

s23dino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > only indirect, not direct, direct lowers risk or, is it the other way round? Direct you can use leverage.

Direct is lower return lower and lower correlation with S&P and Bonds Inderect is Higher Return, and Lower Std then S&P

so, it’s opposite of commodities where direct works better than indirect.

Direct is lower return lower and lower correlation with S&P and Bonds ?? I am not sure… correlation is more than 0.6 with S&P

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Direct is lower return lower and lower correlation > with S&P and Bonds > > Inderect is Higher Return, and Lower Std then S&P -This is correct.

CareerChange Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so, it’s opposite of commodities where direct > works better than indirect. Depends on how you look at it, depends if you are looking for return enhancement or lower risk.

but they both increase Sharpe Ratio when added to stock and bond portfolio (Indirect just increases it more)

In general: DIrect does not increase return but has fantastic diversification benefits. Indirect increases return but tend s to be correlated with equity movements. However, this is not all inclusive. There was a Schweser Question that displayed a chart showing Direct Real estate both improving returns and diversifying the portfolio. It all depends on the information given. But in general, I believe the above descriptions for direct and indirect are accurate.