Re-grade

Anybody ever pay the $100 to have the test re-graded? I’m curious if a pass/fail decision has ever been reversed.

Final Round Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anybody ever pay the $100 to have the test > re-graded? I’m curious if a pass/fail decision has > ever been reversed. you’re super optimistic? doesnt this email happen when the results come out? come back again in two+ months. We are trying to stay positive here … :slight_smile:

Point well taken Edge! Sorry to bring a pessimistic thought into the discussion. Poor handwriting is a major concern of mine!! A story of someone who had a decision revesed wold certainly lift myspirits

Actually, you can send me $100 now and I will make sure your exam is graded and then regraded before you even get the results.

You do no get a REGRADE!!! They will NOT regrade your test. They will only retabulate the original scores in each section to make sure a calculation error did not occur. Up unti a few years ago, I don’t believe anyone had ever had a pass/fail change with the recount of score. I do think there was an instance 2-3 years ago where some did infact have scoring errors that were flagged with the $100. They may have even gone over all of the marginal scores again for people who did not pay since they found some type of problem.

I would never pay a $ for L1 and L2, but obviously the case is different in L3. My question is how many graders grade a paper? I hope they take average of at least 3 whatever the process is

for some reason I thought I remember reading 2, but it might only be 1

They split it up by question. A senior grader is in the room to help. Everyone in their room is working on the same question and they confer with each other as well if they wish. I have been told that marginal papers are reviewed as well. These are all things I have heard directly from graders I trust.

I thought Joey said that the grader grades your whole paper and not just certain questions? hmmm

Nope, that would be silly. No division of labor. Chance to too much of a individual grader impact.

how to be a grader?

ZERO historical regrades from what I read on other threads. no point at this stage considering this scenario. there are 48hrs to make a difference so go do it!

I think you just volunteer and they pick, but I am not sure. I’ve known a lot of people who have graded, so it seems like they do make an effort to give people the opporunity. However, now that L2 is MC, the slots are effectively halved. Most people I know only did it once or twice. They always say they enjoyed it and that it is quite the social event.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I thought Joey said that the grader grades your > whole paper and not just certain questions? hmmm Nope - just one question. The Rick has it right.

My bad.

yeah Rick makes sense

Rick how’s your stock doing…is the slowing economy hurting the poles?

No exam will ever be regraded from pass to failm IMO: (1) you don’t have the exam to contest it (2) they have a solid answer set, so although you may think your 55% deserved a pass, they have at least 10% of your questions saying that you didn’t answer it based upon the curriculum, which they again will defend to the hilt with their solid answer key (3) you will never see your paper again, so good luck. Also there is (4) No paper that has ever been regraded has ever ever been given a pass after a fail. Save your hundred and buy beer instead.