Read CFA material, wht next?

Hello, I am about to complete reading the notes provided by CFA. Can you please advice wht is the next thing I should do? Take same test from CFAI and then mock exams? or go through some other question banks like Schweser/ Stalla (i dont have it, might have to purchase it) Please advice.

any way you can get more practice problems, the better

I hope you could remember from your readings. I have a problem with memory. It’s like FIFO and the memory turnover ratio is almost few days… I am losing my confidence after listening to my 6 year old who said “Daddy… You are looking like a Grand pa, you have a lot of gray hair”… :slight_smile: I assume you took notes and did revisions too. Are you doing the concept checkers etc while reading?

Take a mock exam and see where you stand. Take notice of your weak areas and then go over the material again.

Kudos to you for finishing the CFAI text. If you can retain the testing points- you already have a passport to pass L1. S

i think i have forgotten all my previous readings…lets c wht happens… will try to revise something…

anyone wants to update?

Even though Ive only completed Quant and Econ, I realize that I am already forgetting much of the quant. Although reading through the texts made me realize that I can understand the material with relative ease. When I’m finished I feel il have a decent base, but not enough to pass w/ 70%. This is where Shweser will come in and Il actively work with Shweser and the Qbanks to really develop my understanding. (Strengths and Weaknesses). From doing problems in the back of the CFAI texts, if I miss a problem its b/c of a small lack of understanding. i.e. ratios are outputs of processing data but are INPUTS of analyzing and interpreting data. missed that problem >:-(. But overall I’m beginning to develop a base to heavily pursue the Q Banks, practice exam, etc… when the time comes. I don’t know for sure, but I belive this will be a good approach.

CFABLACKBELT, you are definitely on the right track!

hi, just wondering how much do you retain after your first reading of cfa books . i will be appearing in dec . do you guys feel schwser would be enough or cant do without cfa material. any suggestions?

level1_dec Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hi, > > just wondering how much do you retain after your > first reading of cfa books . i will be appearing > in dec . do you guys feel schwser would be enough > or cant do without cfa material. > > any suggestions? I suggest that you start reading those texts seeing as your already registered.