Read CFAI Ethics day before test?

Hi all,

I hope the final study is going well. Looking forward to sitting the test, to be done with it for better or worse…

I have heard many people recommend reading the Ethics part of the CFAI books the day before the test. Is anyone taking this strategy? I am unsure as Ethics is one of my better topics…

I dunno… probably not. Definitely not re-reading the entire thing. I will probably brush up on the things I got wrong on the official mock as enough of them have appeared consistently enough that I am pretty sure they will be on the real thing.

I’m scoring between low 80’s and 100% on ethics (CFAI Mocks, samples, and Schweser material). My review will consist of those questions I paused before answering, or were wrong. Those are the last items I will review on Friday. Thursday is a review of all CFAI exams (wrong / guess questioned), and Friday will review those that I didn’t get right on Thursday including all ethics whether I managed to get it right the second time or not.

If you are rocking the ethics right now, I would suggest Friday is better spent doing review then closing the books in the early evening and relaxing.

deleted double post

Thanks guys. I think I will copy your strategy of just looking at the Ethics questions I got wrong.

I skimmed through all the Ethics material at each level the day before the test and found it helpful each time.

It’s a good way to wind down from the other more quantitative cramming while still giving yourself a refresh that might lead to a few extra points on game day.

I think I’m going to listen to the ethics audio book from elan tomorrow morning getting ready and on my way to the test. It covers all of ethics and gips and its 2.5 hours. I think it could pick up a few questions and isn’t any more exhausting than listening to anything else on the radio.

Good luck everyone

I think I’m going to listen to the ethics audio book from elan tomorrow morning getting ready and on my way to the test. It covers all of ethics and gips and its 2.5 hours. I think it could pick up a few questions and isn’t any more exhausting than listening to anything else on the radio.

Good luck everyone

Late to the party here, but brushing over ethics is probably the best thing to do the day before. The material is basically just memorization of the standards and doesn’t require a lot of brainpower.