Reading 23 - Capital Market Expectations

Just need to blow off steam… anyone else out there that got their A$$ kicked by Reading 23 Questions? Half of them, I didn’t even know what they were asking! I read and reread 23 several times. I really hope there are limited questions of these types on the test.

Same here… I hate Reading 23 :frowning:

Won’t know until I review it again :frowning: What SS is that? I’m trying to review a SS/day. So I’m on #4 now…

It was Study Session #6 (Reading 23-24)… Some of the answers, it was like they were just rambling on and on making all kinds of wild assumptions.

It’s SS6. I was planning to review 2-3 study sessions a day. I was waaay too optimistic…

Wow that is optimistic :slight_smile: I’m trying to read Stalla SS in the day and do all the Stalla & CFAI problems associated with it…very tiring…

willy, i tried doing that, it is impossible!

I am reading my own notes for each SS and then redo Schweser and CFAI problems from the end of the chapter (and sometimes read examples from CFAI texts - the ones in blue boxes). Time consuming and tiring…

Nothing is Impossible! I shall Succeed… I hate how some are easy to complete in a day while others are very hard and time consuming.

I have hit SS#6… its like quicksand… and it will only get worse… SS 7-17 are going to be SLOOOWWW!! I Too was optimistic when I was able to get through 1-5 in a few days. Then SS#6 came along and I had no idea what half of the CFAI reading questions were asking… Its like they were making sh*t up as they went along…

haha…oh I can’t wait.

Though I hate SS 13 (derivatives) with a passion, I have to say that SS 6, specifically reading 23, is the worst in the L3 curriculum. It’s list after freakin list and after reading it 3 times, I have learned nothing of value and retained very little. My strategy for the exam has been to type up a list of the lists and drill it on a regular basis. This test is 90% memorization. At least level 2 was relevant and useful…

asdffdsa - I totally agree. I was thinking last night that if the CFAI institute wanted us to REALLY know all this stuff on Level III, then they should make a Level III and and Level IV and let you take them 6 months apart… break this reading down into two testable events. There is no way the brain can retain a lot of this garbage…

Data_Monkey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > asdffdsa - I totally agree. I was thinking last > night that if the CFAI institute wanted us to > REALLY know all this stuff on Level III, then they > should make a Level III and and Level IV and let > you take them 6 months apart… break this reading > down into two testable events. There is no way > the brain can retain a lot of this garbage… god, i dont know if i could do this again. i’m having a hard time staying on task for L3 as it is… if there were another exam, i might start popping cyanide pills. seriously though, i think the problem is that the curriculum is too broad. i don’t really care about SS 17 emerging markets, for example. i need to know more about the core topics like equity and debt. get rid of the fluff and focus in on the stuff that matters and that helps people succeed in the more common professions within our industry. i bet i will go my entire life without having to build a multifactor model to find the regression coefficient for a number of key currencies in a multicurrency portfolio… i fact, i doubt i will even know what that means 6-12 months from now.

asdffdsa Wrote: > i fact, i doubt i will even know what that means 6-12 > months from now. You’re better than me. I plan to forget it all at about 7 p.m. on June 7.

“a multifactor model to find the regression coefficient for a number of key currencies in a multicurrency portfolio” ---- You can’t forget what you don’t even know… thats where I am at…