Reading 25: BRICs - Why is this in the curriculum???

still trying to figure this one out…

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > still trying to figure this one out… agreed but do not put it past the CFAI to somehow base a item set on this

I skipped it all the way.

They probably want to include important developments in the curriculum. It’s pretty easy, so I don’t really mind.

it also appeared in Stalla’s essential facts and figures book…better go back and fully read it

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it also appeared in Stalla’s essential facts and > figures book…better go back and fully read it I would strongly suggest you do. As for why CFAI included this material in the curriculum, the reasons should be clear if you keep up with current events.

southfloridaguy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > builders Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > it also appeared in Stalla’s essential facts > and > > figures book…better go back and fully read it > > > I would strongly suggest you do. As for why CFAI > included this material in the curriculum, the > reasons should be clear if you keep up with > current events. however, the inclusion is very awkward and does not flow at all. it’s like they decided to cram in a current event without trying to fit it into the overall context of the curriculum. i seem to remember them doing something like this on last year’s level II curriculum as well.

BayArea Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > southfloridaguy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > builders Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > it also appeared in Stalla’s essential facts > > and > > > figures book…better go back and fully read > it > > > > > > I would strongly suggest you do. As for why > CFAI > > included this material in the curriculum, the > > reasons should be clear if you keep up with > > current events. > > however, the inclusion is very awkward and does > not flow at all. it’s like they decided to cram > in a current event without trying to fit it into > the overall context of the curriculum. i seem to > remember them doing something like this on last > year’s level II curriculum as well. It is there to encourage those of us in emerging economies that there is hope for us…

Probably it is difficult to understand and imagine for Americans without a passport that the world economy is more that the US alone… BRIC is an important ingredient for a healthy portfolio. Mahsun Dogan