Reading 300 pages in 3 days

I just read 300 pages in 3 days. I’m trying to read the Equity book. My mind has been numb after 3 days. How fast do you guys read? I read about 10-20 pages an hour.

That is way faster than me. I don’t know how fast, but I usually have to stop and think about stuff for awhile.

I take notes so I am somewhere between 15-30 pages per day on Schweser books. Obviously more on the weekends.

My speed is around 8 to 9 pages per hour. Since I read line-by-line, ponder on it, try absorbing it, marking the important stuff, ball-pointing the nitty-gritty in the margins to the left (and I agree - I end up marking the whole book with pink and fluorescent yellow markers and understanding nothing … lol)

I hit about 10-15 pages per hour or about 50 pages a day on weekdays, between 70 and 90 pages per day on weekends. I find after 90 pages I lose my retention. Of course these are my rates for first time through comprehension as opposed to review.

I’m right about 25 pages an hour. I’ve always been a fast reader. Its a curse on the actual exam though, particuarly on something in vignette format. I am going to have to work extra hard to slow myself down and make sure I don’t make stupid mistakes.

about 20 pages an hour for me and that is NOT counting practice problems. For denser material it will be somewhere in the teens, a bit faster than 20/hour if there are a lot of charts, etc.

Are you kidding me, I have trouble getting through 10 pages before my mind starts wandering and I have to go walk and get a water or soda. I am jealous of all of you.

Sounds like you should watch the movie 300 for inspiration. I wonder what’s more difficult, reading 300 CFAI pages in 3 days or 300 Spartans holding off an Army of 10,000 Persians. Tough call.

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My speed is around 8 to 9 pages per hour. Since I > read line-by-line, ponder on it, try absorbing it, > marking the important stuff, ball-pointing the > nitty-gritty in the margins to the left (and I > agree - I end up marking the whole book with pink > and fluorescent yellow markers and understanding > nothing … lol) That’s hilarious me too, I’ll read a section 2 or 3 times and have a different color of hiliter for each pass. Then I go back and can’t remember what each colour means… I need questions to solidify concepts; my ADD kicks in pretty quickly if I’m reading or note taking.

pinkman, did you see this: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,671089

weird, the 300 thread got booted.

i’d suggest reading 5 pages a day of this book: http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Principles-Making-Marriage-Work/dp/0609805797 Easy to read and reward is tremendous. I’ve read 5 CFAI books (roughly 5*500 = 2,500 pages) in 2 months -> roughly 250-270 pages a week -> 20-22 pages an hour

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pinkman, > did you see this: > http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,67 > 1089 Haha.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pinkman, > did you see this: > http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,67 > 1089 this is toooo hilarious. I am still laughing at the reply of budfox427 in that thread… haha…

seriously. An arrow on fire is an ender. :slight_smile:

15 pages an hour on average from Schweser and about 15 mins for the end of chap questions. Almost every chapter in Schweser I have knocked down in less than 1.5 hrs.

15 to 50, depending on the section… On average I work on about 15 to calculate hours left until finished the chapter.

do you remember things when reading through so quick?

engineer2finance Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > do you remember things when reading through so > quick? I don’t try to remember everything as I read through the material. I only try to understand all concepts and connect them to concepts from other sections. I focus on retaining when I review materials and do practice questions.