Reading 33 - 35 = bore fest

this material is so freaking boring and the authors are just terrible

Reading 33 includes some interesting parts and 34 and 35 seem a bit academic with all the references to articles. Was hard to get through but I think you can skip these readings without hurting your exam results…

the whole thing is a bore-fest, just a terrible job all around. worst of all 3 levels- learned virtually nothing going through this curriculum

^ I agree smiley - Level 3 is all fluff and no substance - very disappointing

Out of curiosity what do you guys do? Just asking because I found L3 to be far and away the most interesting for a variety of reasons. My day to day job is closer to something like portfolio management than securities analysis though so that could be the driving factor.

I’ve found that often times the “bore fest” material is exactly where CFAI hones in on certain questions. just trying to give some perspective.

Chi Paul Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Out of curiosity what do you guys do? Just asking > because I found L3 to be far and away the most > interesting for a variety of reasons. My day to > day job is closer to something like portfolio > management than securities analysis though so that > could be the driving factor. I agree… Level III was the most interesting of the three.

I’m not thrilled with the material this year either…it’s painful just sitting down to read this stuff.

Depends what you do; if portfolio management is your thing it’s interesting. If you prefer valuing securities, you’ll probably prefer level 2 & 1!

I’m on my second pass through 33 as well. Puke!

I’m on reading 30 right now. Sucks that I have a bore fest on the horizon.