Reading entire vignette vs reading back based on questions?

With the little practice I’ve done so far, apart from Ethics where one must read the vigniette in entirety, it seems quicker to always read the questions first quickly and then skim through vignette as a time saver…

Is this the right way in the actual exam ?

I’ve done that more time than i can count… and I always end up regretting it… by working through the mocks, I realized that we need to read the whole thing… otherwise, I feel like we’ll miss some important details. That’s just my opinion.

I think it’s a good idea to just read the questions and answers first, so you have some idea what you’re looking for. Then, read the entire vignette.

I read the vignettes first and put a mark by statements I feel least likely are correct.

I don’t look too much at the tables in the vignettes until I’ve read the q’s though.

Either way will work, it just depends on you!

What I found more useful is to stop reading the vignette to answer the first question, then back to reading again, then stop for the 2nd question, etc. That seems to work for most vignettes, and it is a BIG time saver.

I read the intro paragraph of the vignette just so I know who the companies, people, general topic and situation is.

Then I do the questions and only refer to the parts of the vignette which I need. There is a lot of bla bla.

The questions, however, I read like a text message from a lover - what does it really mean? Why is that word in there?

I found that it was good to skim the vignette to get a sense of what was going on, then read the questions to find out what they want to know. Then you go back to the part of the vignette to get the actual numbers you need for calculations. Often the qualitative stuff you can pick up on a skim, as long as you flag any key issues along the way.

It’s rare that a question requires the entire vignette to answer (though it happens). Often the information needed for a question sits in only one or two paragraphs of a page-long vignette, so you know where to go to get the details.

In theory, it’s best to read the questions first, then go to the vignette, but I found in practice, it was too hard to understand the context of the question without first skimming the vignette.