Reading list

1. Black Swan - currently reading 2. Devil Take the Hindmost 3. Manias, Panics and Crashes: A History of Financial Crises add suggestions to the list as you see fit…

I suggest – for some more ideas – you look at Pat Dorsey’s article: ‘Ultimate Investor Reading List’. It was written back in 2005, but it’s worth checking out.

crushed daschles health care book in one sitting. not bad

I recently picked up Greenspan’s autobiography but sadly will not get the chance to read it until June 2009 :frowning:

1. Accidental Investment Banker 2. Liar’s Poker 3. Monkey Business 4. The Last Tycoon - still reading See my sig below for short reviews on them.

Fooled By Randomness (If you like Black Swan) Confessions of a Wall Street Analyst - Dan Reingold (Worldcom coverage and collapse. Dan uses CFA as a noun in this book though ;-).)

Another book I really want to read but won’t have the chance for a couple of months is The (Mis)Behavior of Markets by Benoit Mandelbrot.

Hedgehogging by Barton Biggs was good. My top read so far this year unrelated to finance: Kitchen Confidential - Anthony Bourdain

I’m currently reading Man, Economy, and State by Murray Rothbard. After I finish it I’ll be reading Human Action by Ludwig Von Mises.

anybody have good recommendations for books on Financial History, textbooks included…

Just finished Confessions of an Economic Hit Man. Great book, very eye-opening, although the author does tend to repeat himself occasionally. Read Mandelbrot’s book (Mis)Behavior of Markets earlier this year - highly recommended. I think he used the phrase “financial astrology” when referring to technical analysis, which had me rolling on the floor. I also just read Slaughterhouse-Five. Great book, but definitely not what I had expected. Also not a good book to read during gloomy weather. I think my top read this year was For Whom the Bell Tolls.

Pox, I think Hocus Pocus would be right up your alley. Also read Player Piano and Cat’s Cradle if you haven’t already. You can’t go wrong with KV. Since we’re onto fiction now, I just finished Lush Life by Richard Price, which is pretty good, it reads like the script of an episode of The Wire. I’m about to finish The Icarus Agenda by Robert Ludlum (I’ve been on a fiction kick while I procrastinate studying for L2), which has been excellent so far.

1. Schweser L3 book 1 2. Schweser L3 book 2 3. Schweser L3 book 3 4. Schweser L3 book 4 5. Schweser L3 book 5

Currently reading Einhorn’s book, it’s pretty good. Although I’m skimming some of the details. About to start a book called Valuegrowth Investing on the rec of a HF PM. It’s hard to tell if it’s still in print, Amazon is selling it for $55, which seems a little high for a paperback. And the used ones are going for $40. I got mine for $12 just a few months ago. Maybe it will be the next Margin of Safety.

Reviews for those mentioned: Black Swan - 1 Thumb Up Fooled by Randomness - 2 Thumbs Up Greenspan Autobiography - 2 Thumbs Up Confessions of an Economic Hitman - 1 Thumb Down Liar’s Poker - 2 Thumbs Up The World is Flat (not mentioned) - 1 Thumb Up.