Ready for Testing

How many of you realistically feel like you are ready to start taking tests? Personally I feel that even though I’ve been through the Schweser notes twice, I’m not ready to start with the practice exams. With some questions I feel like I have no clue where to start and with others I think I am doing them right but end up with the wrong answer. I think I am going to just focus on going through tests at this point anyway. Maybe the first one open book…Thoughts? Suggestions?

hopefully in about a week

That’s how I started out. First test, do the question, if you don’t get it, flip to the solution and walk through it. Very slow process, but you gotta start somewhere…

I’m starting this weekend, ready or not. I’ve put it off as long as I can but time is running out… there’s no way I’m getting through all 4 tests and the samples and mocks if I don’t start this Saturday!!

Probably 16-17th onwards…

Aimee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m starting this weekend, ready or not. I’ve put > it off as long as I can but time is running out… > there’s no way I’m getting through all 4 tests and > the samples and mocks if I don’t start this > Saturday!! I will start with Book 1 , Test 1 this Sat, Sun. I have been solving some random multi-topic tests from QBank and EOC CFAI questions since last 4-5 days , and I will continue this till friday. Hopefully, I should have some confidence to write the full length test by then.

Kyle1984, How many tests have you been through and when did you start to see improvement?

I’ve been through the curriculum once, but have only reviewed quant, Corp Fin, Econ, and part of FRA, so I was not feeling ready, at all, to take any tests. But, I forced myself to take the first practice exam in book 6 yesterday morning. Going in I was thinking that I might get a 40% and ruin my confidence. Well, I did significantly better than I expected, so I must have been very lucky on some guesses and also just didn’t get tested in some of my weaker topic areas by pure chance, but results were encouraging and seeing that I am actually learning this stuff has served as motivation to keep cranking for these last 4 weeks. So, what I am saying is, just take a practice exam, you might surprise yourself.

hopefully in about a week after completing Question Bank Completely

Chi Paul, thanks…I think thats what I needed to hear