Real Exam Question Sequence

Hi does anyone know if the real exam scrambles up the questions together for candidates to answer or do they actually divide them into different categories like quant, econ, equities, etc. It definitely seems easier to answer questions section by section as opposed to receiving them scrambled up. Thanks in advance!

Each category is separate. I would’ve loved to have them ‘scrambled up’ - this makes me think of breakfast somehow :smiley: - but they are not like that. I think they follow the textbook topic order pretty closely if not to the letter. So it’s Ethics, then Quant, Economics, etc for both the AM and PM sessions - everything is covered twice,that is, every topic will be there on each of the sessions.

Andreea_Mn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it’s Ethics, then Quant, Economics, etc for > both the AM and PM sessions - everything is > covered twice,that is, every topic will be there > on each of the sessions. Why is this done, by the way?

hmm, are there any noticeable difference between the morning and the afternoon sessions? btw, anyone knows how cfai mock exam is structured? would it also take a whole day like the real one?

No idea why it is done, that’s just how they do it. Maybe they think it is better to test everything twice, I don’t really know :slight_smile: The CFAI Mock will have two 120-minute sessions, from what I remember, but it’s a pdf so you can organize it any way you like, if you don’t have one day to spare you can split it. I never did this, but many people say it’s good to actually do 120-minute sessions close to the exam to get used to it, as opposed to working through topics separately.

If you know that during PM session you’ll only be tested on topics A, B, C and D (the ones left out during AM session) you get a better chance to review those during lunch break. That could be a reason.

Fdez Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you know that during PM session you’ll only be > tested on topics A, B, C and D (the ones left out > during AM session) you get a better chance to > review those during lunch break. That could be a > reason. Good thinking, you’re probably right

Hi guys,

I have a general follow-up. Does anyone know if this still applies for the computer-based exam - so can I expect the real exam to be similar to the mock exams (a) in terms of topic sequence (and therefore not so much mix up of topics) and (b) if topics from the morning session are likely to be covered in the afternoon session again?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

No one? :slight_smile:

Nope.

Watch from 10:20 for the topic sequence in final exam

That is very helpful. Thank you very much!