Real Time Energy Trading Information

Hey everyone,

I currently work for an energy company as a business analyst, but I’m looking to transition into something else. I have an informal meeting coming up with a manager of the Energy Trading department, and was wondering if anyone knew of any resources that I could look to for more information on it? I’m more looking for info along the lines of what energy trader’s need to know, what indicators they use, how these indicators affect their decisions, etc. Basically, how to be a good energy trader. I did a bit of searching on the internet, but all I could find was descriptions of their daily tasks, which isn’t exactly what I’m looking for. I’d like to learn more just to satisfy my own curiosity, as well as to bring a bit of knowledge to this meeting

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

Natural gas trading? Look for supply disruptions, capacity constraints on shipments/storage and of course weather. Electricity is similar, without storage. Oil is priced more globally, other than specific constrains due to shipping in certain areas.

I would expect it to be extremely sector specific and technical.