Received my L2 Books

Enrolled on the first day and got my books on Friday. First glance: The stack isn’t as high as L1 (maybe half inch shorter?). Anyway, here’s my plan, a 10-month plan: Aug - Dec: Start early in numerical order by volumes. Besides from plain reading, I’ll try to take notes and work on the EOCs. In the meantime, I’m going to order one of the study packages from Schweser. January - March: Use schweser notes/video classes complimentarily to clear whatever I was not able to understand and to strengthen info retention. April - May: Doing practices, memorizing formulas, etc… 10 months is a long time, but I do think it’s better to start early…as having the opportunities to go over for a 2nd time definitely helps, also in this way, i won’t have to study crazy for hours. On a side note, does anyone have an opinion on whether the Schweser video instructions are useful? Cos I’ll have to pay an extra $300 for that… Thanks for the advice!

I found the video notes helpful for things that weren’t explained well in the books. However, I don’t think they are make or break. Just yet another useful way of helping you absorb the material.

Do the books cover feature people or nature?

egal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do the books cover feature people or nature? people, much like the schweser oboks

Noeling, I am using basically the same plan as yours. I plan no getting the CFAI books read by end of 2010 with EOC Q’s completed, start on Schweser books & Q-bank come Jan '11. Have this completed by around mid April, then re-review, memorize formulas, practice exams. Good luck. m

I have decided on exactly the same plan. I decided to not get the video notes from Schweser because from other threads in this forum from those who passed, the general theme was read CFAI, do the EOC and read Schweser notes. As long as you do enough questions (more EOC than Qbank) and give yourself enough time to review (esp. the weak areas), you should be good to go. Good luck with the studying !

I will register by next week.

noeling Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > egal Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Do the books cover feature people or nature? > > people, much like the schweser oboks The nature covers are so much better. These new level 2 books are just…damn ugly…

The covers feature CFA charter holders. I recognized three ladies from the CFAI website. Three others are guys. Three out of six are Asian, two whites and one Arabian lady.

I might rip off the covers…

i cant believe people are going to start studying now. not trying to jock the 40 year old virgin but you’re putting the CFA on a pedestal.

spartan262 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i cant believe people are going to start studying > now. not trying to jock the 40 year old virgin but > you’re putting the CFA on a pedestal. Agreed Spartan. But I dont want to fail and wait a year to re-write…I will probably just move on to a MBA or something. So I will go full out now and see where that takes me. Most of the stuff in Quant, AM, Der., Equity and Fixed will be new to me. So will have to learn it for the first time. Its not like Level 1 where it was a re-hash of everything I learnt in the past.

Just got my books. The curriculum looks pretty intense. I’ll start studying now because I’ll be starting a new position and learning the ropes there as well as trying to prepare for L2. I figure it’s easier to spread out the studying over the course of 9 months and still maintain some kind of a life than waiting until January and spending 5 months locked in a library.

Valores Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The covers feature CFA charter holders. I > recognized three ladies from the CFAI website. > Three others are guys. Three out of six are Asian, > two whites and one Arabian lady. Do the CFA L2 books of 2011 look very close to the same to the 2010 books? Same EOC’s? Take a pic of your books and send the google link. so we can see the covers

mate whatever you do… its always the last 3-4 weeks which count! I studied for 7 months last time and thought would definitely nail it, but the 2 weeks before the exam i was sent on a business trip and had just 1 week after i got back before the exam! Screwed up …band 10! I guess you need a read of the entire syllabus once again in the last month along with questions and stuff… not to mention a thorough revision of all formulae!

allegro-cpa/cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Valores Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The covers feature CFA charter holders. > > > Do the CFA L2 books of 2011 look very close to the > same to the 2010 books? Same EOC’s? Take a pic > of your books and send the google link. so we can > see the covers Why do you want to see the covers? Sorry I really am not going to make pics of curriculum covers. As I said there are pics of charter holders, you can see them on website. Not sure about EOC, as I got rid of the old books, and really don’t want to look at them. Stupid iPad does not allow me to edit the last part, where I put EOC comparison, I meant LOS comparison. And Apple should get along with Adobe for their own good. Otherwise the use of iPad is too limited. I love it though in any case. You can find EOC comparison, someone on the forum already posted the link.