Receptionist is sent home without pay for not wearing heels

^I’ll put up with a lot of crap if you pay me enough.

And, in fact, part of our client’s bill is basically how much we like them and how much they annoy us during the year. If you cuss me out and call me names, expect a really high bill. If you’re nice and pleasant to work with, then you won’t get the “asshole surcharge”.

the argument is if you have two nearly identical job descriptions, but one with daily beatings and the other with daily massages, the one with daily beatings should require more pay from an economics point of view in order for the job to be filled.

And for the future accountants that inhabit these forums, this is why I left Big 4. When you’re working 8am-midnight in busy season all for $55k a year it just sucks. And when HR tells you that they lowered your bonus because you spent too many hours on “the wrong projects” despite exceeding 100% utilization in that time.

Thankfully one of the admins at my old job liked to wear leggings as pants, and wear high heels and really short skirts in the summer. It was awesome. I miss her walking around the office, She was also really good at her job. To get both of those traits in the same package is rare.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/waitress-shares-photo-of-her-bloody-feet-123927941.html

People are taking this “poor treatment” as meaning that employees are unnecessarily abused at work. This would, of course, be undesirable. However, what I meant is challenging work conditions, which might include, but is not limited to actual bad treatment of employees. If you work at a law firm for 80 hours a week, no amount of good treatment can make that not be awful. There is generally a payoff - high pay, or any pay if you lack any qualifications. My point was that men will tolerate a worse tradeoff in the long run, due to ego, less empathy for family life, necessity, or other reasons.

The only thing that’s really distasteful about the situation discussed in the article is how transparently false the claim is that “heels are about professionalism,” when really it’s just about presenting some T&A so that male clients are distracted from the work at hand and perhaps miss the fact that they’re being overcharged for crappy work.

I think working for Big 4 is more like a post-grad degree. The real benefit isn’t the money you make, but the exit opportunities you get.

dont you put up with crap and you dont get paid enough

This.

^ haha…bchad nailed it !

Never underestimate the power of feministas. The petition has now reached 120,000 signatures and the British Parliement will hold a debate on this issue.