Recognition at work for passing?

Well done caddyshack. I wish you the best.

My manager sent out a congratulatory email to the whole firm. Lots of congratulations and firm got me a nice cake to celebrate. Will be getting a boost in my salary. Partners were very excited. I will be the 6th one with the charter at the firm with over 40 employees.

I got a congratulations. Then I was asked to populate column G of a spreadsheet.

LOL!

Lots of congrats flying around the office. No finiancial bump yet, but they alluded to the fact that there may be something extra coming this year based on my overall performance of which this is a significant part. More importantly, recruiters have been calling. Hopefully, I get paid one way or another.

My company was acquired in Jan. 2011 before I got my L1 results. Before the acquisition, we would get an immediate $5k raise for every level passed (this is rather unheard of). It’s now August of 2012, I have passed all 3 levels and the reward is a one time $1.5k bonus - talk about bad timing for an acuqisition. To be fair though, my current company covers the cost of the exam and study materials and I am confident I will get a promotion when my reviews is up. Still, it would be nice to have a $15k salary bump!

I hate all of you, I didn’t get sh*t!

I didn’t get anything either. However, I almost signed up for a $1,000 bonus which I’m eligible for. The only problem is I would have to repay it back if I leave within a year after it was paid. Not worth it in my opinion.

Black Swan, haters gonna hate… let them bask in your glory!

Nada. Just congrats. Only advisor for my firm’s NYC office that has finished the program (tests with charter pending).

Congrats from my co-workers

Boss did me the favor os signing off on immediate reimbursement for the exam - they only pay for it if you pass each level where I work lol. So I’ve been out $700 for awhile now. Company offers a small $500 Award for getting the designation.

I’ve been looking to see if they reimburse annual dues, some of the Charterholders at my firm say yes, some say no - all are in different divisions though (veyr large mega cap company). TBD.

There is only one Charterholder in my division and he is in a completely different job function. Other divisions at the firm do, hopefully I can get a new job.

When my Level 1 and Level 2 results were out i was at a place where none knew about this program. so it was just an another day at office that time, but my CFA candidacy did help me to switch careers and i truly feel the worth of each minute i have invested to clear the first two levels.Now i work as a business analyst for the IT division of a global bank, designing the position and risk management systems for FX, FI and MM trading desks.

The day the results were out my boss’s boss came personally to my desk and congratulated me. He is a guy who reached to the top of the div in the least span of time - a super smart guy whom every one cosiders god. I only get to interact with him when ever there is a huge escalation. So literally every time i faced him earlier was kind of unpleasant expereience.He signed up for Level 2 but could not clear. Its not at all comparable though, he would have put 1/7 th of the time i would have spent on this exam prep.

It was so over whelming that day. Almost every one in the floor personally came over and congratulated me and every one asked the same question “So when are you leaving us”? and that feels freaking weird for the fact that i love my current job.

Though the dept does not have the policy for the fee reimbursement/ instant cash bonus, promotion is on cards and 15-20% bump is likely around the end of this year.

same pinch

Lots of congrats, balloons, cake, lunch. There is one other charterholder here, so he understands best what I went through, although I did a lot of studying here at work, so most here also know the time I put in.

I don’t know about additional comp, but no complaints about where I am now and work paid for everything. And I mean everything: registration, Schweser, hotel while at exam, mileage to Boston Mock at USC. Essentially anything having to do with the exam was paid for. Now if they could just reimburse me for the eight (yes I said 8) years it took me to complete the program.

Jesus man, 8 years? Much much respect.

I made my response earlier saying how I was congratulated and pretty much immediately after was asked to get back to meaningless, trivial work. I should add that my company paid for my exam fees, Schweser CFW review, and the hotel cost associated with it.

None for me at my firm. Then, again, I’m already mid career at a buyside firm. CFA is somewhat old news here. In fact they haven’t even reimbursed me yet for my expenses. I got ticked off and told the HR folks that I’m not putting my CFA desgination on my name until I get reimbursed. :frowning:

I’m confused, you always seemed pretty well prepared, did you take some time off?

[quote=“Black_Swan”]

I’m confused, you always seemed pretty well prepared, did you take some time off?

Unfortunately, no. I appreciate the comment about being prepared, which is what I thought also. But apparently I wasn’t. I pushed it up a notch this year and came out on the right side. Needless to say, my wife and kids are almost as happy as I am.

I used to get kicked in the nuts 2x per day. When I received the charter, they let me know that they would no longer kick me in the nuts on Fridays. I’m still required to be kicked in the nuts an average of 2x per day though, so they kick me 3x on Mondays and Wednesdays. They usually give me the extra kick while I’m still writhing in pain from the “regular” kick though, so it actually is a net improvement.

LOL. It happens to so many of us… :smiley: yet they keep us employed!