recruiter being a jerk

I whined about my recruiter previously as well. He just now sends me an email about an onsite interview I will have later this month. So basically he says, I need you to be very attentive and focused. I need to have a firm hand shake and keep eye contact. I need you to stay alert and even during lunch be alert as its still an interview. I suggest you sit up and really sell yourself. What in F*CK’s name is this? I have been working in the field since 1994 and have been through 100s of interviews in my life. I don’t know how to respond to him. This is just so bizarre.

Brush it off…

recruiters are idiots – one time one told me to wear a suit to the interview.

Well I understand but this guy sent me a long email about this. Over the phone as well he keeps says he is worried I am a bit reserved. Listen , i dont need this new job. they should be the ones selling themselves to me. i am not gonna show up with pom poms to the interview. just pissed.

I’ve lost faith in recruiters. They are all out to make a quick buck and don’t know anything about the finance field. Whenever they try to give me tips, I just sit on the other end of the phone saying uh huh, yeah. And on the interview I say what I want. It’s not a big deal…

Unreal, Tell him off

I’ve met recruiters who were jerks in my day too. I simply hit them where it hurts, when someone asks me about Such and such a recuriter I’m like “Oh yeah, I know him…he’s useless”. Willy

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Listen , i dont need this new job. they should be > the ones selling themselves to me. i am not gonna > show up with pom poms to the interview. > > just pissed. Why are you interviewing for it? Some recruiters are helpful, I had one work on my resume for free for about two weeks.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > Listen , i dont need this new job. they should > be > > the ones selling themselves to me. i am not > gonna > > show up with pom poms to the interview. > > > > just pissed. > > > Why are you interviewing for it? > > Some recruiters are helpful, I had one work on my > resume for free for about two weeks. Couple months ago I decided to see what was out there. So I got in touch with this guy. He tells me a big company wants to talk to me. I aaked about the position and he said they dont have a description but want to talk to you. So I talked over the phone to the head of the group who was probably impressed by me. He sent me to meet a VP in a local office which I did. Still no description. The head of teh group in an email told the recruiter that they want to create a new role for me. The general description of the role is inteersting but there are no real details. Recruiter calls me and says they want to bring you in for interviews. I was tempted to say no but it would have been poor form on my part. So thats whats going on. I am reasonably happy at current job. No long hours, no major BS to deal with. So i am not gonna jump up and down and sell myself to anyone.

i think your recruiter is being immature rather than being a jerk. he’s trying to be helpful but he’s patronizing you so he’s probably a little clueless as to how to talk to people. in the meantime needhelp, make sure you wash behind your ears and say thank you if your interviewer offers you something.

Have you seen Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? You should act like Steve Martin when his character pretends to be Michael Caine’s character’s imbecilic brother Ruprecht.

Response: Guy - I got it, relax.

Just one thought to consider. Maybe he’s saying this because its the feedback that he got on you after your previous interviews. I’m sure you did a steller job with those, but the interviewer might have had a bad day, etc.

i am working with some in boston. they are nice people, but if they dont come from the Street, they dont know what is what. i dealt with one chick who didnt know the difference b/t credit and eq rsch. oh brother!!!

Super I Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just one thought to consider. Maybe he’s saying > this because its the feedback that he got on you > after your previous interviews. I’m sure you did a > steller job with those, but the interviewer might > have had a bad day, etc. If thats the case why do they want to bring me in for an interview. I would rather they said, sorry you arent our type.

Tell the guy he’s fired.

Punch him in the nuts!

Have you seen Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? You should act like Steve Martin when his character pretends to be Michael Caine’s character’s imbecilic brother Ruprecht. Excellent advice not mother?