red bull help???

Did it really boost your energy i fall asleep after drinking that …loll…

Try Redline, GNC carries them.

I get dizzy after drinking that and totally lose concentration.

I have found that white tea helps…

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I get dizzy after drinking that and totally lose > concentration. thats exactly happens to me…:stuck_out_tongue: STING from pepsi is better than that in my opinion…

As you are awake your brain accumulates a chemical called aderosine. The larger the amount detected by your brain the more it makes you feel tired. Caffeine looks like an aderosine cell to your brain, and will attach anderosine receptors and your brain will cease to sense the anderosine therefore making you feel like you just woke up. Red Bull contains guarana, which is essentially the same thing as caffeine. It works in the same way drinking coffee will…

I can speak from experience here. The best thing I’ve found to help get me up early is to put my coffeepot in my room and set the ‘autobrew’ feature to click on at 5:30. Total Pavlovian response…by the time my alarm goes off, I smell coffee and haul my butt outta bed. However, if you want an energy drink, I actually tried that 5-hour energy vial from a buddy who swears by it. I stupidly took one at about 8PM while studying a week back. I figured I drink plenty of coffee/soda late at night at that if I took this, I’d be OK to study till midnight. WRONG. BUT I HAD A LOT OF FUN STARING AT MY CEILING UNTIL ABOUT 2AM. So be warned, it seems to work, but I wouldn’t take one late in the day ever again.

I just have a 20 minute nap before I go study. Also, since the library is empty, sometimes I’ll nod off every few hours for 10 minutes, which helps me focus the rest of the time.

I drink a small cup of coffee in the mornings to wake up while I’m at work. After dinner when I attempt to study and I’m pretty tired, I used to drink some coffee but I’ve since switched to energy drinks cause it’s cheaper. I drink one half of one of the small red bull cans. There are 80mg of caffeine in each of those small cans and I find that half of one is just right for me. Like others have mentioned, a whole can will make me get a fairly painful headache. The key is to reduce your portion. I put the rest of the can in the fridge and just drink the 2nd half the next night. The carbonation is still there the following day as well.

I strongly recommend 5 hour energy drink… 100x better than Red Bull. Alternatively I found green tea works better than coffee (and I am not fan of tea)

I second Redline.

I am all about half a 5 hour energy , a redbull and a starbucks coffee. Taht being said I have slept less than 6 hours for the past two weeks and need to catch up on sleep at some point. I also started studying on a month ago and been doing 60-70% on qbank so far. i am doomed.

Power napping is the way to go in my opinion. Too much caffine or energy drink just makes me feel dizzy and I can’t concentrate at all.

ITAdmin, I’m same case as you. 60-70% is a crazy range. It’s a scary range as it’s very marginal.

I take caffeine pills, works for me. Like someone else here, I started pretty late and have been sleeping about 3 hrs a night for the past month. Also, I work ~55-60 hrs a week. “Wake Up” is a good brand of caffeine pills!!

I just want to say, on a completely unrelated note, that its a beautiful friday night in new york city and im on my 20th hour of study AT LEAST this week and i feel completely hopeless. i used to have friends, i think, but not anymore.

Zoya >>I just want to say, on a completely unrelated note, that its a beautiful friday night in new york city and im on my 20th hour of study AT LEAST this week and i feel completely hopeless. i used to have friends, i think, but not anymore.>> Sucks doesn’t it? It’s a beautiful night here in Montana, and the worst thing is not only do I not have any friends anymore, I also have not found one other person in the state of Montana taking the CFA level II. I am completely alone up here (and about to start a 3 hr practice exam). On the subject of caffine. Today have have consumed caffine in 3 different forms. Coffee, Jet Setter Caffine pills, Dr. Pepper. I’m now contemplating more coffee.

lol its ironic this post came up. I naively if that is even a word drank two cans of redbull in a space of 30 minutes last night. Have not slept for 24 hours. My body is feeling tried but cant sleep. So if redbull is your thing. Moderation is key.

I’m trying redline for the first time today. I’m a small girl so I’m only taking half of it. I hope I live to tell the story.

I am seven months pregnant so I try not to take too much caffeine. only one cup in the morning. but I do take nap before or after dinner.