References - Help Needed

Finally, work experience approved by CFAI/Society and paid membership/society fees. Three letters show next to my name now! My 4 years journey is finally over. Time to look for a new challenge.

Good luck everyone

yes Congratz Bilal!

Thanks mate :)!

^ Sorry - Congratz Bilal, CFA :slight_smile:

No pun intended and extremely happy for you mate smiley

Hell yeah! Such a long journey and finally it’s over. When are you supposed to earn your charter?

Time to enjoy Kuala Lumpur next week =)

Oh yeah, was shaken last year with a band 10 :slight_smile: I am only filling the forms next year mate when I complete my required job experience. I have tons of experience only 2+ of relevant experience, so will wait and get it next year :slight_smile: Thanks for checking…

Congrats and welcome to the club. Take it easy for a bit.

After waiting for 7 days, my application was approved fully within 24 hours and i got the charter yesterday.

Congrats!

that’s a great update, atleast me too have the similar credit analysis (commercial banking) experience. In the process of applying, any tips to mention the work experience?

are references of all colleagues (and not any of them is supervisors) is okay (though i know they say that’s okay, but does it make any difference in the evaluation)?

Credit analysis to aid lending decisions is very okay. I think they did prefer one to be supervisor.

MY APLLICATION IS UNDER SOCIETY REVIEW . WHAT DOES THE SOCIETY DO IN THIER REVIEW . I MEAN DO THEY VISIT THE WORKPLACE OR SEND EMAIL OR WHAT ? .

One quick question guys,

I completed the PCS and paid my dues last Thursday (28th of August), and once i logged in, 30 mins after this process, i was able to see the 3 letters next to my name.

But I have not received, till date, an email confirmation from CFAI that I am currently a charterholder (though i received emails stating that my application has been approved and a second email stating that my payment was accepted).

Shouldnt we receive just an email confirmation that we are now charterholders? I mean just something official from the institue other than the three letters when we log in to our accounts (who knows, we can just wake up one day, log in and see the 3 letters disappearing from the account).

Plus, when are we expected to receive the hard copy of the charter (not sure if they still give it)

Thanks

After completing the application process, I also saw the three letters behind my name immediately. A few days later (maybe one week) I got an email confirmation to use the designation. The email also announced that the physical charters will be distributed mid- to late-December.

Ok. But still are we allowed to use the designation after seeing the 3 letters on the profile yet before receiving the email confirmation?

I considered the email just as a confirmation. If CFAI acknowledged you as a Charterholder, you might use the designation.

Today in addition I received a letter from CFAI with an annexed letter to my HR department.