Referring to candidacy

Wanted to know the correct way to refer my candidacy. I just wrote CFA Level this June. Is “CFA Level 1 candidate” correct way to refer myself? Can I mention this in my resume? Thanks

Use “Level 1 candidate in CFA program”. I am sure this one is correct.

‘CFA Candidate (Level I)’

I just put: Sitting for Level X CFA Exam, X/2010 (passed Level X, x/20xx)

If you pass L1, then “Passed Level 1 of the CFA Program” If you are pursuing L1/written the exam and the results are yet to be out, then “Level 1 candidate in the CFA Program”

All of these answers are incorrect, other than the first reply and the last which just states you passed a level.

Level 1 candidate in CFA program

On my resume, under Education, i’ve got something like: CFA Institute CFA Level X Candidate (results pending) June 2010

@CFACurse Initially i had written “CFA Level X Candidate” but changed it to “Level X candidate in CFA program”… dont want to take any chance…

While you can put CFA level 1 candidacy on your resume, I’m not sure I would do it. You’re basically just saying “hey, I took a test and there’s about a 60-65% chance I failed it.” I might leave any reference off until you pass L1.

@hprashi – I mean, essentially it’s saying the same thing. I guess just preference. @Super I – I just sat for L2, and while it is nicer on the eyes to see Level 2 on the resume, you studied very hard and dedicated several months of your life to studying for the exam. Last year, after L1, I received similar critism from recruiters about L1 on the resume. But honestly I think it’s better to have it on than not have it at all.

CFACurse Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @Super I – I just sat for L2, and while it is > nicer on the eyes to see Level 2 on the resume, > you studied very hard and dedicated several months > of your life to studying for the exam. Last year, > after L1, I received similar critism from > recruiters about L1 on the resume. But honestly I > think it’s better to have it on than not have it > at all. If you’ve passed l! I have no probs with it on the resume. I’m only referring to putting L1 candidacy on the exam. Saying you’re a cndidate doesn’t mean you studied or did anything. Maybe your job requires it but you don’t plan to be there for the long term.

When one is trying to make a career shift, it definitely helps to mention CFA candidacy in the resume. It atleast gives an indication that you are serious about moving into finance. As you mention, saying you’re a candidate doesn’t mean you studied or did anything and this will be tested by the company before they take you in anyway!!! So mentioning CFA candidacy helps.

I was an interview and the CFO said it caught his eye and attention so I would def leave it on. It’s a great talking point even if you are just studying for it or waiting for your results.

I would put it as “CFA Level I Candidate - June 2010”

I’ve emailed CFAI, checking on my resume, and CFA Level X Candidate came back as incorrect. They said it should be Level X Candidate in CFA Program.

Should the X be in Arabic number (1,2,3) or in Roman number (I, II, III) ? “Level I Candidate in CFA Program” or “Level 1 Candidate in CFA Program”

Roman for sure!