Regrets on letting one get away

^ He knows it’s all harmless fun.

But yeah, sometimes the purpose of some joking paragraph is lost because you can’t hear the tone. He’s one of my favorite AFers, so if that was out of line I’d like to take it back.

No, I know it’s a joke. No problem.

I’ve got a couple maybe that I let get away.

The more interesting one from the perspective of this audience is that I broke up with a girl whose father founded (and remains chairman) of a company listed on NASDAQ. Just checked and it has a market cap of more than $3 billion.

So, yeah, I could have been living on very easy street… and she had DDs too.

Similar story for me. We hung out for a while between high school and college, but went to different schools. We tried to keep some sort of friendship going, but it just didn’t work. Some of my friends used to mess with my head and bring her up, saying that we were born to be together - our moms were roommates after college, her dad went to my high school and college and he lived in my dorm (not the same dorm room), and a couple other weird things. I guess I eventually agreed with them and it sunk in.

It’s kinda creepy that she’s now marrying a guy who looks a lot like me, except less attractive, of course.

alrite, my ex’s weren’t that big… but nice

Everyone thinks about their old GF and wonders what would have happened (unless you were just happy to be out of the relationship). Marriage is about timing as much as it is about the person. You could have married your ex and had the whole thing melt down because one or the other were not ready to get married. I also find that our memories tend to amplify the good things and fade the bad about the relationship. There is usually a reason people break up and over time we tend to forget or lessen the reason and rationalize the situation. If you want to consider rekindling the relationship that’s fine but my advice is to think about your relationship, why you broke up, analyze where you are now(ready to get married or not) and think about where she is(ready to get married or not). Just know that if you contact her it may be different than you remember because both you and her are in a different part of life now. Anyway, enough of this, I feel like I am watching a Meg Ryan movie. I need to go out and ride a motorcycle or run some power tools while watching Ultimate Fighting on TV and Three Stooges on my laptop.

This is good advice. I don’t care how much you think she loves you - things can change. I’ve seen again and again.

I almost dated a girl whose dad is on the Forbes top 100. But I behaved like a tool.

I miss her.

It’s funny what you miss from ex’s. I miss her dad, who was fun to drink with, and the cat, who was insanely cute, although a bit dumb.

I miss a number of ex’es kittys as well BChad. Even the dumb ones…

+1 lol

i thought this thread was about something more humorous.

so I’ll hijack it and share that one day I was walking out of my office and let one get away right in front of our receptionist. i did the loud cough too late to cover it up. she pretended not to hear. i wish i was the type of person to show no remorse and make a joke of it, like say “you’re welcome!” as I left.

I’m gonna use that, “You’re welcome.” Brilliant!

One of things I love about where I live is that I can fart anytime. Nobody even notices.

People over there can actually take a sh!t anywhere they want, don’t they?

Yeah. I remember I was getting out the car with a big Indian Politician, whose name rhymes with Gurudas Kamat, and he was telling me that, “India is the future,” as we look out of the horizon from the highway.

Immediately in front of me a man is squatting and squeezing one out in the drainage ditch next to the road.

I, personally like it. If I’m stuck in traffic at a red light I just get out of my car and piss on the bushes in the median. It’s brilliant. I wish Americans could relax a little bit more.

Hahaha I saw plenty of that in China – wow, there’s a dude taking a dump on the sidewalk, that’s awesome!

No doubt both countries are up and comers, but they have a loooooong way to go before they will seriously challenge the US.

Someone took a dump on the Great Wall. I saw the “leavings” when I visited there. I’m not sure if this was just because of the lack of bathrooms, or if it was someone’s dream to poo on one of the world’s great wonders. Next: the Taj Mahal? Mt. Rushmore? Lenin’s tomb?

Yeah, I have a similar dream: to take a dump kim kardashian.