rejected clients??

i saw a set of test questions on here yesterday. and one had to do with someone contacting rejected customers while setting up an IM firm but i think still at their old employer. if i read it correctly, almost everyone said it was fine, including a few i asked outside this forum. checked the text today and don’t see it… but don’t have time to read the section for hours to find it. is it in the curriculum study material? or was it just a practice question? or common sense extension from readings that it doesn’t harm your employer? i care only for test, but i do wonder (for accuracy for info for test) what client will think when your portfolio blows up and you recruited them when you worked at one of the biggest wall street firms… hey Mr. Wall Street firm, reimburse me!!! thanks in advance!!!

I haven’t seen the thread nor did I study ethics yet. but I remember from first two levels that there is no conflict of interest for rejected clients.

florinpop, i’m going to have another quick look. not sure if ethics is easy or hard… later sections just seem like a rehash of the first, main section, which of course just seems repeated from other years.

ok, says must not contact current or potential clients, so i guess rejected is fine

Yes soliciting rejected clients while still at the old employer is fine

i find this strange bec in that question, removing downloaded publicly available materials from the company is a violation of the code (i.e. i take it that you cannot remove ANYTHING that belong to the company or other colleagues). so is removing “rejected clients” not a violation of the code? imo, rejected clients is an intangible property of the company (of course they belong to any employees) - they may be reject now but may not be so in the future i.e. potential client.

The idea is you can’t be in competition with your current employer (unless they give written permission). Since the firm rejected those clients you aren’t in competition with them.

Contacting rejected clients is okay as long as you do it on your own time.