Relationship between end of CFAI Reading Problems and CFAI Exam Difficulty

Just like the subject sounds, are the questions at the end of the CFAI Readings approximately the same difficulty as those on the CFAI exams? I’m thinking no, but curious what people’s opinions are. And yes, I tried using the search function.

I find the end of problem books to be difficult. Not in a right position yet to judge the CFA exam. Started with Scheweser and planning to come to CFA book problems at later stage.

Good question. I would also like to hear some answers from those who have pasted L1.

well considering that some of the end of session questions are actually old CFA exam questions I would say they must be comparable… I also think that since CFAI writes the exam there must be some correlation between the exam and CFAI study material questions that they choose to put in the study material.

I have found that within the questions at the end of each chapter, the one denoted “CFA EXAM” seem to be the easiest. I assume that these are past exam questions, but I wonder if they have deliberately put easy ones in there or if this is an indication of the test difficulty.

iamsmrt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just like the subject sounds, are the questions at > the end of the CFAI Readings approximately the > same difficulty as those on the CFAI exams? I’m > thinking no, but curious what people’s opinions > are. > > And yes, I tried using the search function. No, I’d say they’re of a different character. For one thing you must remember you’re to answer 240 questions with a speed of one question every one and a half minute. The CFAI readings might be equally difficult (theoretically) but the speed with which you have to work during six hours puts an extra hurdle into the exam, and you need to deal with that.

Compared to the actual exam those questions are way too loo long, since CFA exam question should take about a minute and a half to answer. Also some are way too calculation heavy…

End of chapter problems are more difficult than the actual exam. I find them very helpful though.

A question asking about recently-read material is always different from a general exam question!

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > End of chapter problems are more difficult than > the actual exam. I find them very helpful though. I find this to the be case to when comparing the usual end of chapter questions to the “From old CFA exam” questions that are at the end of the chapter. The non-exam ones are much more complex in terms of calculations, time spent, etc; but are a good learning tool to make sure you have the concepts down.

Some of the CFA books, Economics for sure is licensed from an Economics text book. Unless the question is written to have four multiple choice answers and be doable in 2 to 3 minutes I don’t feel it is representative of the exam questions. Not saying you shouldn’t do them, but if something takes 15 minutes or even 30 unless you are completely out of your league this question or one like it won’t be on the exam. The ethics questions are very indicitive of actual ethics exam questions.