Relationship problems anyone?

I am one of the luckier ones here. My wife despite being 8-months pregnant in May was an angel throughout. Though I helped her in between but she took care of everything for me and our 3 year old son. Besides work, I didn’t have to worry about anything at all other than her occassional cravings. I don’t care what the result is but I can’t thank her enough for what she did for me. God bless her.

Things had been perfectly fine before the month of May. I managed to keep work, study and relationship balanced till April end.

Things are just getting worse everyday. And I’m in a situation where I dont care about my Level 3 results. If I can cancel CFA candidacy and if my gf comes back to me, I’m happy to take that step.

I do understand how lonely she must have felt in that month, but I promised her that I’ll make up for it. And since exam, I have taken her for many nice dinners, bought her expensive handbags, shoes, flowers (every week), etc etc.

Lost one girl while giving Level 1 and seems now I have lost another one in Level 3. Even if I pass level 3 now, I will definately think whether I want the charter. :((

Salut to all those people who support their parters while they are studying for CFA exams!!

Huh? Women take these exams?

Thankfully (maybe) I was single for both my L1 and L2 prep periods, so wasn’t a big deal. I can’t imagine studying for these exams while having a family.

If girlfriend was very supportive and thoughtful of you throughout all the CFA program, you may have a keeper on your hands.

If she was whiny and needy, and blamed you for problems or arguments that occured… a big warning flag arises.

It’s during the hard times do you truly discover the other person.

I’m very lucky; my bf now husband has been very supportive over the years. Last year I literally packed up and checked into a hotel 2 weeks before the exam to be alone. Then he would drive over to stock my refrigerator with food…that was so sweet, not to mention put it all on his Marriott card. However, he once came over and said “his friend could pass L2, why am I having such a hard time? I am not studying hard enough!”

Then I kicked him out!!! I was so aggravated!!! [BTW his friend was a pension actuary.] I had to remind him your friend said L2 was like a level 4 actuarial exam to shut him up. No more dates after that incident.

This year, I straight up left town for a while. He texted me good night every night:) Luckily the house was still recognizable when I got back each year and didn’t burn down. Every year he would have our vacation planned for after June 1st. I don’t think any other man would have had the stamina to survive it and me. I’m normally difficult and demanding as is, during exam time, I have got -6 patience for bs, negativity and unnecessary stress.

The CFA exams are really a test of relationship strengths and weaknesses. You got to be a long term investor to play.

Lea124 may not be a female just because Lea124 mentioned a bf… :wink:

And there are many young women taking the CFA exams nowadays, at least when i was writing there were at least 10-15% female?

A lot more than 10-15% were female in my test center in New York.

My fiance was also very understanding and made sure everything in the house was taken care of while I was studying. He had to work long hours as well btw…really appreciated it.

It’s Official!! I’m single once again! :((

bledsings for everyone who supported me on this. I hope u all pass the exam and end up with ur dream job. :slight_smile:

Blessings*

Congratulations!

Yes, I mean it. I am not dropping salt on your fresh cut. I hope you understand it. I don’t know if you just want to keep this gf for a couple of years or have long term plan. But this gf will sure give you a lot of crap in the long run, CFA exam or not. It does not matter if you take exam. She is what she is and will do whatever meets her needs and desires. You just shook off a burden and you should feel happy. Take some drinks and have a good sleep. The only two ways you can understand what I mean are either you suffer more pain from her or enjoy a better companionship with another gf.

It’s hard to listen to and accept the logical aspects of why breaking up was probably the best when there are emotions involved. But you are smart enough to know that logic is steady and emotions are not, so you have to believe in what the reasoning tells you.

Too many people stay in a relationship and become attached even if they know in their heart that the person is not right for them. Then they hope to change the person when married. Ain’t gonna happen. You cannot change personality. You can change behavior, but you won’t really know if that is permanent.

A little bit of time will pass and you will have the CFA charter, and you will laugh at yourself for thinking that you would have given it up for that girl.

I don’t think one should mix the CFA exams with relationship problems.

Truth is, if a relationship is tight and both people are completely happy with each other, even if they spent a few months away from each other, they will still get back together at the end.

So if your bf/ gf leaves you because you neglect them for a couple months because of the exam, it’s not really because of the exams but probably more to do with a personality clash?

I don’t think one should mix the CFA exams with relationship problems.

Truth is, if a relationship is tight and both people are completely happy with each other, even if they spent a few months away from each other, they will still get back together at the end.

So if your bf/ gf leaves you because you neglect them for a couple months because of the exam, it’s not really because of the exams but probably more to do with a personality clash?

It’s not a hotness contest - I just have a thing for asians, sorry. I’m pumping you to a 9 - fair??

Hey man, it sucks now but life has a way of working things out for the best. Last May I lost a 5 year relationship to Level II, but this year my new gf has been amazing during the Level III process. She’s a keeper and I know I’m better off now than I would have ever been. Chin up and find some strange. Best of luck.

Only a 9??

haha… j/k

Failed by Band 10.

And lost the girl friend.

: ((

Feel for you mate :frowning:

All I can say is Good luck for everything… I am band 10 as well!!!

Had great sex last night. She said “I never f*cked a CFA before”. Aside from noun usage I didn’t have heart to tell her I still had another month before that were true.