Relevant Work-Ex

3 in total who can speak to you and your experience should be sufficient. They prefer those who have been in a supervisory position to you, but not completely necessary. I did two from current job and one from previous, of those two had been supervisor of me and one was just a colleague. Application was approved day after I officially submitted.

Thank you!! - in fact i have 32 months at my current employer, 9 months at my ex employer and 39 months at my first employer. So the idea is to capture 41 months of 48 as per references and obviously giving all > 70 months for me to pass the 48 months rule.

Also one question, which may be “silly” - they want you to have at least 48 months and at least 50% direct involvement in the investment decision making process. So if i do the maths, the “effective” experience needed is at least 24 months with 100% involvement in investment decision making process.

So this comes from my current employer as i spend 100% of my time valuing companies and doing due diligences - so i could also technically take 3 references from my current employer? Does that make sense?

Also how does the local CFA society check as part of the membership? Do they call to interview you if they want more details about your work experience? or have queries over your resume?

don’t think about it too hard. Provide the minimal but passable amount of information regarding each experience. There was a decent reference on the CFA website about what a good explanation includes. They are not very long at all and as long as they cover the points it should be good. Be creative to make it work if need be (don’t lie though). Don’t write about % of time of the day in the description, just let it be assumed it’s greater than 50% otherwise you wouldn’t be writing about it. As long as your cumulative experience spans greater than or equal 48 months it will be fine. I can’t say for sure because I don’t work there but i would bet a substantial amount that no background check/ calling to clarify happens

Hi there

Thank you so much - you have been super helpful! :slight_smile: