Repeaters who have taken the CFAI mocks

I think Econ and PM this year I think it might be quants and PM

I should stop studying and concentrate on building a time machine and sit again for the 2006/2007 exam.

FSA was cake. Translation couldn’t have been easier. It was probably 2 questions, one being which currency to use and then a balance sheet/ending exchange rate question. I was a little upset because I studied the section in and out… The only tricky thing was the adjustments.

did you guys see a lot of questions on Porter? The first Mock seemed like it was the main topic. Were the cases as long as the Mock exams? I wish I took it in 2006, These cases look like a joke. Short and straight to the point. Why do they have to put us through this hell. Any other tips would be very helpful.

wow…is this really the exam from last year - my memory evades me… the skate o rama definitely looked familiar…but nothing else did :slight_smile: goes to show much attention I was paying during last year’s exam!!

45/60 = 75% on mock 1. time = 1 hour 52 mins. minus the PM on last year’s exam, it was about the same. the ethics was more difficult last year though

It all seemed new to me. But I retook Schweser a.m. after doing the first time about a month ago, and it seemed new to me also. I thought mock 2 was a lot easier. All these mocks and samples and the variance in the scores everybody seems to be getting (62 - 78 for me) confirms my thought that all I can do is study my arse off and there will be some element of luck. Swaptions and time series - uh oh. Heavy FSA, FCFF, RI, Parity relations and FRA, then I will see you at L3.

Guys do you remember scoring very badly on last year samples? I remember scoring around 60 what about you? Found that Ethics was 10 times much more difficult last year. Scored 70 on mock 1 and 80 on mock 2 and 73 on average for the samples

just took mock 2. i didn’t grade myself but i know i did a lot worse. i was struggling to stay awake. this has been a warning for me that i must get enough sleep. fatigue makes idiots of people

Slash i agree, I see that my scores when i am tired vs well rested differ by 15-20%.

Tell me about it, I just did the same equation three seperate times and ended up with three different answers… and all it required was some adding/multiplying. Might be time for a nap…

I drove a half hour to meet up with another candidate to take a full mock (AM & PM)…only to find I forgot my calculator. Better today than the real day…I now have 3 BAII Plus, thanks to a quick trip to Staples!