Repeaters who have taken the CFAI mocks

Is it me, or does Mock #2 (or the one with Econ if they switch the order up) seem like is it VERY similar to last year’s exam…so far I’ve only done about 15 questions, but I’m having flash backs.

It’s similar, but I think it is worded better. Last year, if I remember correctly, half the problem was trying to understand what in the world they were talking about (which growth theorY).

Yes, I felt the same way…I wasn’t staring at the Econ answer saying (ok screaming) “BUT THEY’RE ALL RIGHT”

Wow, it is really similar…even the corporate finance question seems close (or maybe I’m delusional).

Don’t remember at this point

Sponge - did you have to calculate anything for the purchase method last year?

Wish I had not read this thread… just scored 76% on Mock II and was so freaking happy after scoring 58% on Mock I… It must be because I somewhat remember the stuff from last year…

Holy crap I’m freaking out…this exam is really last year’s exam…“Skate O’Rama” and that funky Brasilian CF projects.

mental note if i fail, 2009 will be similar to this years level 2

from what i saw on a deriv question (equity index), it was the exact question on the test (which i couldnt get) i haven’t taken it yet, but it should be fun. (yeah, right)

perhaps Mock 1 is this year’s test… you never know :wink:

Dude, I’m going to have nightmares tonight…almost every vignette is off of last year’s exam…I’m nervous because I haven’t seen PM yet :frowning:

And just like last year, I failed…60% just about my lowest score. Talk about a kick in the pants.

Mock #2, you mean the one with 60 questions or 30 questions? Thanks. Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it me, or does Mock #2 (or the one with Econ if > they switch the order up) seem like is it VERY > similar to last year’s exam…so far I’ve only > done about 15 questions, but I’m having flash > backs.

The one with 60.

i’ll post my thoughts tomorrow when i take it

crablegs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wish I had not read this thread… just scored > 76% on Mock II and was so freaking happy after > scoring 58% on Mock I… It must be because I > somewhat remember the stuff from last year… Dude where have you been? I havent seen you on here in ages.

was FSa easy last year? I have seen everyone who is repeating or passed got more than 70% in FSA. Just curious

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > was FSa easy last year? I have seen everyone who > is repeating or passed got more than 70% in FSA. > > > Just curious yeah. VERY easy. it comprised of the most basic translation, and adjustments questions. kinda like the first few questions in the end of chapter schweser books. there was also a question about cash flow classifications that are not in it this year

What areas did they hit hardest in Equity Valuation?