Requiring work or school email address for AF registration

monger187 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I prefer not to use work email addresses too > frequently because, well, they tend to change. > Case in point: I registered for AF with my work > email, but I no longer work at that company. Now > I can’t change it because AF requires that I > access the old email address to verify that I am > changing. Sigh… You should be able to change your email by going into My Control Panel > Edit Email Preferences and then inputing the new email. You will receive an email with a verification code that you can paste into the same page and you’re good to go.

I think the better way to do it is to appoint moderators to actively check posts rather than restricting by email addresses. It would also do a lot for the quality of the convos on here as well.

I wouldn’t mind using a school email address but not work. I can no longer view AF (or any other forum) from computers @ work because they’re concerned about what might get posted. I would hate to lose anonymity and have to run things through compliance before making a post on here. I have gotten some unsolicited emails related to AF on the address I used to sign up. I wouldn’t mind using a school email, if I had one, but that got shut down within 6 months of graduation. I can see the point to wanting some sort of accountability for members, although I’m not sure how to go about getting it.

AnalystForum Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > monger187 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I prefer not to use work email addresses too > > frequently because, well, they tend to change. > > Case in point: I registered for AF with my work > > email, but I no longer work at that company. > Now > > I can’t change it because AF requires that I > > access the old email address to verify that I > am > > changing. Sigh… > > You should be able to change your email by going > into My Control Panel > Edit Email Preferences and > then inputing the new email. You will receive an > email with a verification code that you can paste > into the same page and you’re good to go. I can’t see My Control Panel…where is it located? Thanks.

dhyun3 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > AnalystForum Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > monger187 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I prefer not to use work email addresses too > > > frequently because, well, they tend to change. > > > > Case in point: I registered for AF with my > work > > > email, but I no longer work at that company. > > Now > > > I can’t change it because AF requires that I > > > access the old email address to verify that I > > am > > > changing. Sigh… > > > > You should be able to change your email by > going > > into My Control Panel > Edit Email Preferences > and > > then inputing the new email. You will receive > an > > email with a verification code that you can > paste > > into the same page and you’re good to go. > > I can’t see My Control Panel…where is it > located? > Thanks. You’ll see it toward the top of the page if you go to the forum’s main page (i.e. click on “General Discussion”). And it’s actually called “My Control Center.” I did it and it worked - thanks Chad!