Research Analyst position open in San Francisco

Research Analyst – San Francisco Boutique investment management firm looking for research analyst to assist in manager research, performance measurement, risk analysis and client servicing. Candidates must have prior manager research experience, as well as knowledge of portfolio measurement, construction and attribution analysis. The position will also require prospect and client interactions, including strategy presentations, RFP responses and performance reviews. Small team environment. Candidates required to have strong verbal, written and analytical skills. Quantitative/modelling / programming skills a plus. Please list investment analysis tools used (Advent/Axys a plus). BA/BS required and MBA/CFA strongly preferred. Local candidates only. Please reply to research_san_francisco@yahoo.com

I never understood why a firm or recruiter would use an email that ends with @genericemail.com

Because they will probably get hundreds of e-mails about this and don’t want to clog up their e-mail servers. jbisback Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I never understood why a firm or recruiter would > use an email that ends with @genericemail.com

Yes - That is why. KrukVT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Because they will probably get hundreds of e-mails > about this and don’t want to clog up their e-mail > servers. > > jbisback Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I never understood why a firm or recruiter > would > > use an email that ends with @genericemail.com

what is the salary and how are the hours? I dont want to work over 40hrs/week.

Not sure where Chow got that from, but I saw it on Craigslist, but it doesn’t have any salary info: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/acc/850997107.html

sound like a fund-of-funds shop. not too “exciting.” all you do is research managers, interview them, then throw a bunch in a portfolio in a way to maximize return/minimize risk/diversify/that bull

How do you guys feel about Columbus Day?

Dupree: I’m a people person, very personable. I absolutely insist on enjoying life. Not so task-oriented. Not a work horse. If you’re looking for a Clydesdale I’m probably not your man. Like I don’t live to work, it’s more the other way around. I work to live. Incidentally, what’s your policy on Columbus Day? Interviewer: We work. Dupree: Really? The guy discovered the new world. I’m afraid to even ask about Victory Over Japan Day.