Research Associate

Hi, Does anyone know how much Research Associate position in the top 5 banks in Toronto (Canada) pays? Thanks!!

ERA I imagine would be in the mid to high $70Ks. IBRA would be a bit more…around $120K. IBAnalyst would be in the $200,000 range. Willy

Thanks Willy…How much are the normal bonuses…? I have heard that they fluctuate quite a bit depending if a big bank or a boutique…

Well the bigger shops like DS and BMO would have the opportunity to work on larger deals however the pot is shared by more MDs more Analysts and more Associates. A place like Haywood might not get the same size/scope of deals but have their people do quite well nonetheless. Willy

65 + bonus DOE

cfa_toronto_on Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 65 + bonus DOE that is pretty low :frowning:

You can get 80-90k after bonus if you do real well at some shops based on what I have heard. Either way no one in TO cares about how much they make as a ERA, because thats not the end goal. Bay St is tiny, your not going to find a path to analyst any other way.

agreed. Its not about the money, its about getting experience and making connections. If you want more money in Canada go to Calgary. In Toronto the pay is shi! (w/6800 members of CFA society all competing for the few front office jobs in town). But don’t worry after a couple years of experience, you’ll get more money and more chicks

agreed. Its not about the money, its about getting experience and making connections. If you want more money in Canada go to Calgary. In Toronto the pay is shi! (w/6800 members of CFA society all competing for the few front office jobs in town). But don’t worry after a couple years of experience, you’ll get more money and more chicks

Lol…that’s actually true. Older = Better in the investment industry. Willy