research job

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 21yr old research assistant, no > credentials/experience, small shop of 250M…I > dont see 45k or lower as too low by any means > especially in this environment, I dont see any > reason that it should be higher in my opinion Agree.

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 21yr old research assistant, no > credentials/experience, small shop of 250M…I > dont see 45k or lower as too low by any means > especially in this environment, I dont see any > reason that it should be higher in my opinion Agreed, I work at a firm with more AUM in a similar role with similar credentials and get paid in the 40-55K range… Granted, I’m in the tri-state so the salaries could differ substantially in the lower cost cities

I would guess the 40-45 range is right. Although Dallas does have decent salaries. Keep in mind the complete package, salary, vacation, health care, etc. And of course try to negotiate a higher salary but expect them to turn you down if it is a reasonable offer. the best time to negotiate a pay raise is before one starts with a company. And you want to let them know you can negotiate and think you are worth something. Take whatever and get experience. I read this somewhere…maybe here. In any job one is paid with two kinds of compensation, cash and experience. Take the experience the currency will follow.