Research Recruiters

Guys, Can someone refer to me a good recruiter in the NY/NJ area for Equity research jobs. I have an MBA from Stern and just cleared Level 1. However , most of my experience has been in Technology Strategy. Thanks.

Stern doesn’t have any hook ups for you?

Unfortunately not many. i met a bunch of Alums and they all agreed to keep their eyes open if they come across any openings but nothing has come through so far.

Taz, sorry if I"m prying, but did you go to the campus recruitments? I would figure that coming from Stern, you would have campus recruitments constantly. I’m planning on an MBA maybe in 2 years, and getting a job out of it would be of #1 priority. How did you find the recruitment process there?

Tough environment, unfortunately. I know my bank has put a freeze on hiring in research…and I think BofA recently cut about 25% of their research platform.

FrankArabia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I’m planning on an MBA maybe in 2 years, and > getting a job out of it would be of #1 priority. > How did you find the recruitment process there? Why the hell are you waiting 2 years Frank, I thought you like I had a horrible job? I know you said you currently live with your parents so god knows you should be able to afford it??? I’m looking at an MBA in 4-5 years…we’ll see

Did any of your classmates go the inst’l sales route in NYC? I would pick up the phone and call them…they usually know what’s going on in the research depts. Mercury Partners usually has some sell-side postings (http://www.mercurypartner.com/)…and there is always Glocap. If you are in corporate now at a public company, you may be able to have an off the record conversation with your head of IR. He/She interact with technology analysts all the time… Network, network, network with a dash of patience…that is how I got my job coming out of corporate.

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FrankArabia Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > I’m planning on an MBA maybe in 2 years, and > > getting a job out of it would be of #1 > priority. > > How did you find the recruitment process there? > > > Why the hell are you waiting 2 years Frank, I > thought you like I had a horrible job? I know you > said you currently live with your parents so god > knows you should be able to afford it??? > > I’m looking at an MBA in 4-5 years…we’ll see Hali, I only have 1 year of experience. MBAs usually have like 3-5. i want to see what happens in 2 years before I blow my money.

taz722 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Unfortunately not many. i met a bunch of Alums and > they all agreed to keep their eyes open if they > come across any openings but nothing has come > through so far. The hiring environment is very tough right now, but places should start ramping up their hiring efforts beginning mid-February as existing headcount is expected to turn over. There are a ton of NYU-Stern people working in research so check your alumni network. Also, Mercury Partners as Squirrel mentioned should have some leads for research (of mixed quality)

Never had luck with headhunters when I was looking. What I found to be most helpful was to get in contact with the recruiter at banks through my network.