Reselling Schweser materials and hit with fine?

Don’t pay those pieces of sh*t. Send a letter telling them to go f*ck themselves.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hank Moody Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I haven’t seen anything on Kaplan’s website > about > > a resale restriction. Where are they coming up > > with this? > > > Higgs just posted the language above - what’s the > link to that Higgmond? Not sure I could find it again.

These lawyers have nothing better to do in life, just pay them. Just think of it as a speeding ticket.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > These lawyers have nothing better to do in life, > just pay them. Just think of it as a speeding > ticket. I don’t know about all that - you gotta fight it at least a little…

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > These lawyers have nothing better to do in life, > just pay them. Just think of it as a speeding > ticket. Do you apologize to people that punch you in the face too? Show some backbone.

cityboy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t really get why they are doing this. Do > they think it will serve as an example? It is > clear that counterfeiting will continue (and > probably even increase), as well as people selling > their books on ebay and the like. I can understand why Shwesser would give this industry organization the ok to take down fishy ebay sellers. Last time I shopped for CFA study materials on ebay, the vast majority of it was clearly pirated: like vendors selling 50 copies of Quicksheet at $5 each, vendors selling every Shwesser product all-on-1 DVD, etc. On the other hand, there is no way that an individual that is legitimately selling used textbooks should be fined. I suspect that supersadface’s auction got cancelled in a hamhanded attempt to curb piracy, rather than in an attempt to keep candidates from selling legit used books. I’ll be interested to see how this story pans out. I hope supersadface gets an apology in the end.

No way this is legit, fight the good fight!

qqqbee would never stand for this sh*t

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > These lawyers have nothing better to do in > life, > > just pay them. Just think of it as a speeding > > ticket. > > Do you apologize to people that punch you in the > face too? Show some backbone. You have to learn to pick your fights. $300 is not worth the time he’s going to spend fighting these clowns.

Reggie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s very simple. Don’t pay. They’re not going to > pay lawyers to drag you into court and have a > trial over this. I agree. Not only would I not pay, but I would stop following up with their lawyers. They’re just there to harass you and hope that you’ll actually pay. I don’t think they have any real plans to take you to court – as Reggie mentioned, it’s too expensive. They are banking on you, along with others, just to pay the fine which is basically like “free money” to them.

this is so obvious… you are hopeless and in the wrong… clearly you are not too smart either since you are having such difficulty realizing your unfortunate predicament

I’d ask their lawyers if they want to buy the books for $400: $300 to pay the fine and $100 for your profit. But then again I’m the contentious type

Where’s the ACLU when you need them?

I’m sorry to hear you have had these troubles. While we are quite active in pursuing those who willfully violate our copyrights for gain, it is not, and has never been our policy or intention to try to prevent the legal resale of our study products by individual candidates who have purchased our materials. We have reached out to the firm performing copyright protection services for us and asked them to contact you directly to resolve this. While we hope that no legal seller runs into problems in this regard, it is always appropriate to contact us directly in such instances. It is, in fact, most often our honest and valued customers who alert us to the activities of those few who seem to have no regard for our rights regarding our study materials. Sincerely, Dr. Doug Van Eaton CFA Head of CFA Education Kaplan/Schweser

If that’s really Doug Van Eaton, Schweser just rose about twenty-six notches in my regard [on a ten point scale]. I’ll keep you all posted on how this goes.

Wow…AF is the SH!T!!!

Sorry ssf, I just registered another nic to mess with you. …kidding, that’s pretty awesome.

Amazing!

User Profile : Dr. Doug Van Eaton CFA Posts: 1 Date Registered: Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 01:53PM hmmmmm

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > User Profile : Dr. Doug Van Eaton CFA > Posts: 1 > Date Registered: Thursday, September 22, 2011 at > 01:53PM > > hmmmmm ZB, I noticed. Hence my qualifying my statement as “If that’s really Doug Van Eaton…”. I’ll let you fellas know what comes of it.