Resting heart rate

measured 49 heartbeats/minute after waking up, finally broke the 50 barrier! i run 13 miles in 105 minutes 3.5x per week. what is your resting heart rate and fitness level?

Just checked mine… 68 beats/min. I run 0 miles in 0 minutes 0x per week. I do however walk up and down 1 flight of stairs up to twice per day.

i think 60-80 is normal

it is supposed to be right after waking up or under normal circumstances?

I think it’s the lowest of the day right after waking up. No chance for stress or exercise to boost it up… Unless you have nightmares, of course

I just counted mine at 58. My fitness level I would say is “strong to quite strong…” But I drink at least 4 drinks every single night. This has been going on since I finished L2 last year so I’m going on almost a year drinking every single night.

running that much isn’t good for you. Have fun when you get older

mine is like 66/minute. Too much caffeine I reckon.

robber07 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > running that much isn’t good for you. Have fun > when you get older Good point robber, except for the fact that I run ultras and serious trail races alongside guys in their 60s+ all the time. Even ran beside a guy who was 83 at a marathon once. It’s called getting your stride right, like a golf swing. But you know what will kill you, being a fat@ss, have fun when you get older.

robber07 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > running that much isn’t good for you. Have fun > when you get older If you run with crap form, on hard surfaces (concrete), for long distances, over a long time…you might be right. But way too many people extrapolate that into “all running is hard on your joints and bad for you.” The fact that almost all exercise carries some risk is a given; some folks are going to injure themselves trying to get fit. In the majority of cases, though, you’re going to be far better off long-term if you get off your butt and work out. My resting is 63/min (just took it). I think I was lower at end of fall when I was still running plenty. Now I’m lifting 3x/wk and really like it. I only do about 20 min cardio to warm up and maybe 10-15 to cool.

My lowest is when i take a shot… heart skips a beat and headshot is almost guaranteed

Last 2 times I gave blood it was 47 and 42. They always double check to make sure the machine is working. I am not in Lance Armstrong shape, I have always just had a low pulse.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My lowest is when i take a shot… heart skips a > beat and headshot is almost guaranteed True fact: comp sci kid is effective with all video game based anti-personnel and anti-material weapons out to 2/3rds of a mile.

45 B/min

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But you know what will kill you, being a fat@ss, > have fun when you get older. cya Alabama!

robber07 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > running that much isn’t good for you. Have fun > when you get older If you run incorrectly, then you can indeed injure yourself in many ways. Furthermore, some runners who run excessively have some heart problems due to scarring or even deplete their adult stem cells used for repair. As with anything, there are costs and benefits. The benefits of running clearly outweigh the negatives in the vast majority of cases, most especially if you take a proactive approach to avoiding injury and overtraining.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > Good point robber, except for the fact that I run > ultras and serious trail races alongside guys in > their 60s+ all the time. Even ran beside a guy > who was 83 at a marathon once. It’s called > getting your stride right, like a golf swing. > > But you know what will kill you, being a fat@ss, > have fun when you get older. nice !!! I run 3-5 miles 5 times a week on a hard surface. My running speed is on the lower side. Also the arch in my feet isn’t perfect. So I wear shoes with support. You mentioned ‘getting your stride right’ - Do you have any further information on this? I know there is more scope to improve as I want to push myself further than what I currently do.

58bpm and blah to running. I find running boring and I have flat feet and bad form, I much prefer Mauy Thai for cardio. 2.5 hours of MMA with 2 minutes of tabata intervals just absolutely destroy me, leaving me in a messy pile of contented goo. I would like to compete in some amateur events this summer but studying for level three has really destroyed my workout schedule and overall level of physical fitness.

the guys with the absurdly low resting heart rates must be 5’8 and below and weigh around a buck fifty.