Resting heart rate

sprinters and marathon runners are two COMPLETELY different animals. Dont get it twisted.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That being said, he will not beat Bolt. i was kidding - bolt would win as his form would make the difference. wasn’t he injured, though?

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dont get it twisted. that’s what he said

I just counted mine: 80. Pretty sh!tty. But I was smoking a cigarette while counting and had much stress @ office today. Curious about the waking up thing though.

I think 80 is pretty bad. Mine is high 50s. I swim, play squash and this year added 1/3 of Herschel Walker’s daily routine.

I just run for health. I couldn’t care less if running is a sport or not, or if I win anything. The one undeniable fact is that it is healthy when done in moderation, kind of like comp_sci_kid’s mother.

what a bunch of geeks trying to big up themselves on the internet.

^How so? You were one of the first to jump in…

bodhisattva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what a bunch of geeks trying to big up themselves > on the internet. duh…Winning!!!

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > measured 49 heartbeats/minute after waking up, > finally broke the 50 barrier! > > i run 13 miles in 105 minutes 3.5x per week. > > what is your resting heart rate and fitness level? I hate running 13 miles . . . would rather bike 200

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > wake2000 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Still think > > > running is for midgets that are skin and > bones > > and > > > not athletic. > > > > Hmm, former PA golden gloves boxer in college, > > started on a varsity ice hockey team in 8th > grade, > > class V whitewater kayaker, former rock > climbing > > instructor, varsity soccer and varsity track > > sprinter (went to districts). Yeah, your > > description works. > > Still, you cant make running a skill based sport. > It is 99% endurance + 1% skill. Most athletes are > excellent at running. Claiming that running is a > skill is like solving 2 order polynomyl equations > is a skill. Yes it is, but it is so rudimentary > that to claim that you are excelleing at it is > silly. dude endurance is a mind game . . . mind games take skill

Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > measured 49 heartbeats/minute after waking up, > > finally broke the 50 barrier! > > > > i run 13 miles in 105 minutes 3.5x per week. > > > > what is your resting heart rate and fitness > level? > > > I hate running 13 miles . . . would rather bike > 200 Not gonna lie, I don’t love running, nor even like it a majority of the time, and even hate it sometimes. It’s essentially bitter medicine I force myself to take to decrease the chances of dying… and acts to compress mental/physical/emotional pain into a shorter time frame so I can experience positive feelings in a longer time frame.

for me road biking > mountain biking > trail running > crushing natties > running outside > eliptical > running on treadmill

i don’t think i could do a fat @$$ “Fat Ass events are trail races governed by three rules: no fees, no awards, no whining. Distances are typically 50 kilometers or 50 miles, but vary according to a race director’s whims or ability to borrow his buddy’s GPS device. Fat Ass runs have no lotteries, no expos, no qualifying times, no triple-digit entry fees subsidizing multimillion-dollar “running clubs.” No one will urinate on you from the upper span of the Verrazano Bridge, and you won’t shiver for hours in a corral before the starting gun. Everyone charges off as equals, Braveheart-style.” http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/18/born-to-be-a-trail-runner/

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^How so? You were one of the first to jump in… Never said I wasn’t a Geek :wink: