Results

43%

I passed! Thank you all. Start to prepare for level 2.

Congratulations, zqw!

My pleasure.

Take some time off and relax. I’d suggest starting to study no earlier than November. FRA, Equity, and Fixed Income are going to be the biggest topics, so make sure that you’re solid there.

Note, too, that the format of the exam is quite different. Questions come in sets of 6, which follow a vignette. You need to practice working with that format: reading the questions, then pulling the information out of the vignette to answer each one. Time management will likely be more of a problem than it was at Level I.

Passed level one. It’s honestly a miracle. I did NOT do well with financial reporting and analysis, as I figured. I did get over 70% in ethics, over the 90th percentile. That and doing well enough in the other sections got me over the finish line. I emailed my wife the results, because I couldn’t look, lol. She sent me the results, and I actually got emotional, and had to leave my desk for a bit. THAT is how I thought I would do, lol. No matter now, on the level 2! Congrats for all those who passed, and for those who didn’t, trust me, if I did, anyone can!

Congratulations, tbone!

I don’t think this has happened in the CFA program, https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-colleges-mistakenly-accept-and-then-reject-students-year-after-year-2017-02-27 . However, the Institute accidentally released some unconfirmed results early in 2015, https://www.businessinsider.com/some-level-iii-cfa-results-accidentally-posted-2015-7. And, apparently an additional correct answer to an essay question was asserted after the Level 3 exam solutions for the morning session were released several years ago. Some students who failed received notices their scores had been upgraded to pass, months after they were told they failed.

HI

I still haven’t received the email. Am wondering if they send the email a bit later in the day to those that have failed? So as to not clog the website.

Thank you so much. I am a software developer , now I wonder should I go and apply for a finance jobs now or wait until I pass level 3. Could you give me some advise? Thank you.

I do not think so, some people have failed and have received the email already. I remember reading that last year some candidates received it pretty late.

I passed!!! I am so happy^^

Passed!

>90% percentile in everything except PM and Alternatives/Derivatives. Always hated those sections.

Congratulations, gs!

Congratulations, bananaphone!

F*** that means our L3 results are probably preliminary but already known and unlikely to change. Why stress me out for 2 more weeks…? :wink:

I passed in the top 10 per cent!!

Congrats to everyone that passed!

I was thinking of starting earlier but I am still debating whether I should use the CFAI curriculum or Schweser for level 2. Would you suggest to start earlier if I decide to go with the curriculum? I have read that Schweser often omits some details that are required on the exam. I have used Schweser for level 1 and was quite satisfied but I am hesitating for level 2. Thank you for your input! Also wanted to thank you for answering most of the questions I had for level 1!

Congratulations, morandit!

Passed!

I never learned to study in school because I was generally a pretty good test-taker. That showed when I took Level I last year and botched it. I didn’t study well, I didn’t finish the material, and I didn’t practice. I know, I know, everyone says to start early and leave a month at the end for practicing but I was strapped for time and thought it better at the time to finish reading all the material rather than practice. Obviously a multitude of bad decisions.

This year I really hammered down hard on the practice questions. I studied with Kaplan but I stuck strictly to the CFA practice questions as I felt Qbank was too easy and calculation-oriented. I remember the exam being more conceptual. I still felt strapped for time at the end, partially because I actually read entirely through Econ and Alt. Investments this time around, scrounging for any extra points I could get.

I walked out of the exam thinking the AM was very difficult and the PM more easy. Most people on here seemed to think the opposite so I wasn’t expecting the pass but I did very well, scoring really well on Ethics, PM, FRA, FI and Eq and ok on the rest. Only topic I failed was Econ (oh well).

Still taking it in, I was in disbelief when I read the email, rereading it three or four times but super psyched and excited to give Level II a shot next year!

Congratulations! How much fun was it changing your status to ‘CFA Passed Level I’ haha