resume question

hi everyone, im currently writing a new CV / resume. Planning to go for a promotion into another financial services organisation or into another industry. My question is: Should I include information about ALL my education, and the internships that I have done? Currently my resume is 3 pages, and i want to get it down to 2. I have 5 years of work experience after university, and will apply for a middle manager role. Should I ditch the internship bits and a few extra schools / courses i went to… and just focus on the key work experience and list what degrees i have?

Sometimes less is more. Only include relevant experience. 3 pages is too long.

Sometimes less is more. Only include relevant experience. 3 pages is too long.

2 pages way too long as well. get it on one. rule of thumb i have heard is one page per decade of experience.

Agreed. grover33 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2 pages way too long as well. get it on one. rule > of thumb i have heard is one page per decade of > experience.

no resume should be more than one. list the most recent and relevant. do not use objective sections and do not list high schools.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no resume should be more than one. list the most > recent and relevant. do not use objective sections > and do not list high schools. i think you’re fine if it’s over a page since people are going to read it on their computer screen, anyway. of course, if it’s full of irrelevant experience, people aren’t going to read the whole thing - no matter how long it is

2 pages is not bad for a financial service gig I know Ibanks just want one pagers though

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------ > > > i think you’re fine if it’s over a page since > people are going to read it on their computer > screen, anyway. it is not about the screen and how you read it. it is wall st standards. only do more than 1 if you have more than 10-15 yrs exp and are applying for C suite role/stop exec. most people on this forum are in their 20s and should not be sending in resumes longer than 1 page.

A resume should be as long as it needs to be to make your case for an interview. If you’ve had a lot of experience, it’s no problem if it’s more than one page. However, if it is more than one page, then the additional info better add value. If it’s more than one page, and stuff on either p1 or beyond looks like phluff, reduce.

1 page only.

No reason why someone with 5 years of work experience should have a resume more than one page, unless you have job hopped around a lot. I wouldn’t be too wordy about your internships, stick to the major points and discuss the rest during the interview. If you want, remove your personal info and post your resume here. I have seen many times in the past where AF posters can critique a resume to make it stand out.