Resume Services

Hi All, Has anybody here used any resume services? The career office at my school was very poor and I need somebody to proofread and improve my resume. I have some books, but opinions from an expert would be helpful, I think… Thanks!

There’s a free service, www.razume.com. Not saying it is a great source or anything, but take the feedback and implement what you see fit.

A friend of mine does a for-pay resume review – www.mergersandinquisitions.com – and he does a pretty good job too.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A friend of mine does a for-pay resume review – > www.mergersandinquisitions.com – and he does a > pretty good job too. I have seen this over at WSO - looks like a good deal.

mino - you could always post it up here. The resume critique posts I’ve seen look quite helpful. I’ve never used a resume service, but my wife is a recruiter at an investment company so I haven’t needed to. I posted up my resume here some time ago and got great feedback.

XSellSide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mino - you could always post it up here. The > resume critique posts I’ve seen look quite > helpful. I’ve never used a resume service, but my > wife is a recruiter at an investment company so I > haven’t needed to. I posted up my resume here some > time ago and got great feedback. Ditto. I’m overhauling mine still. I got a book to help me out likewise. As helpful as you all are, I dislike wasting your time with elementary questions.

Thank you for your suggestions… The website numi suggested is for IB…I am not looking for IB positions… www.razume.com is interesting, but I do not want to publicize my resume… I want to meet an expert and talk about my resume, career path etc… Thank you very much!

I always just reach out to friends or people in various professional jobs. You would be shocked how much people like you to ask them for their “expertise” and are willing to help on that premise.